Cells| Imagine

Three, two, one, and then one, two, three, four-

I've lost track if how many times I've counted up and down to thirty, I've tried singing outloud and blocking my ears, I've even tried to escape but it's no use. I'm stuck in this cell surrounded by the undead, with no escape and nobody alive to help me.

Wait, are those footsteps?

"Hello? Hey is someone there?!" I shout over the moans and groans of the zombies in the other cells, the cops started bringing them in when the world went to shit, and now they're stuck here, with me.

Boots appear first, then I notice the police uniform and a gun pointed right at my head. My eyes meet vivid blue ones, a man around my age narrows his eyes at me before looking up and down the corridor.

"Are you alright in there? Why aren't you like the others?" He demands, but it doesn't sound overly confident, if anything I'm sensing some relief. I guess that answers my question, up there is just as bad as down here.

I grip the iron bars, "I'm alive, I wasn't infected when they put me down here, but can you let me out, I'll die of you leave me."

The man looks unsure, he lowers his gun as his eyes roam me up and down suspiciously. "Why are you in here?"

I sigh impatiently shaking my head, "Does it really matter, it's already life and death now."

He begins to back away so I tell him. "I got in a stupid fight defending my friend."

The man watches me for a second as if to see if I'm lying, when he sees the honesty written all over my face his shoulders slump. "Alright, I'll try."

"Try?" I say in a high pitched voice. The man nods as he looks behind him.

"There's a lever over there, I pull it and all the cells open up, including the ones full of-"

"Yeah I figure, once the door's open we can head to that doorway, that should lead outside, right?" I ask unsure.

The man nods as he loads his gun. "The name's Leon by the way, Leon Kennedy."

"Y/N," I smile briefly just as I hear the shuffle of footsteps followed by the unearthly groans, shit there's zombies incoming. "Please hurry up."

Leon rushes to the lever and pulls it, a short alarm sounds before the grating of metal echoes around the room. I hop on one foot to the other waiting until the door is open enough for me to squeeze through.

Already Leon's shooing some of the undead, admittedly he looks goos doing it, but nows not the time to gawk. "Got another gun?" I call out.

He shakes his head but quickly slides a knife across the concrete, I grab it just in time since a zombie lunges at me, the blade goes through its eye, blood splatters and I back away, pulling my knife back.

"Quick, this way!" Leon shouts, pulling my arm towards the doorway. There's more undead than I could imagine all marching towards us, "Help me with this." Leon pants pulling on the gate, I grunt and use my weight to help him, we manage to shut it just in time as the first zombie throws itself at us.

Leon and I lean against the wall panting, I look up at him and start laughing, shock does funny things to people. Surprisingly Leon follows my lead, chuckling as he holds his ribs.

"Thanks for letting me out, I thought I was gonna die in there." I mumble once I calm down.

"You're safe with me, just keep up and follow my lead." Leon reassures me, putting a hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

All of a sudden something massive smashes through the wall, a tall man with a hat glares at us from the other side of the gate. Leon's gun is already pointed at it, but both of us can tell it won't do much damage to the giant.

"Run." I whisper to Leon as the thing begins to walk our way.