Making The Monsters PT 1| Imagine

I look up at the screens, seeing the undead fall one by one as Leon Kennedy as his team annihilate my weapons, the bullets never miss and I know it's only a matter of time before they reach me.

I sigh as I rapidly type on the keyboard, deleting every single trace of myself from the system, then begin to override the security protocols and initiate stage three of my project, it's nowhere near ready, but I'm running out of time and all I've ever wanted was to see my creation out in the world, knowing it could make a difference if I just had time to perfect it.

The roars of the creature can be heard from my lab where I am, a faint smile tilts my lips as I see Leon look up at one of the cameras, those blue eyes of his stare into mine, little does he know I'm the one behind this entire operation. Since Raccoon City my mind has been puzzled, instead of taking the defensive route like Leon, attempting to protect the world, I've been led down the offensive route, intent on creating weapons to help defeat any enemy, I guess in some messed up way Leon and I are both trying to save people, just in different ways.

I watch my creature sprint down the hallways of the lab, its claws scraping the walls leaving slashes before it darts up and hangs on the ceiling. Seconds later Leon and his team enter the same hallway, guns ready. I half hope Leon survives this, during our time in RC we did get pretty close, if we hadn't of been split up after getting out of the city I imagine we'd have been good friends, maybe more.

Leon's clever, his eyes trail up just as my creature attacks. His gun already fires as he rolls out of the way, and an unfortunate man behind him gets the brunt of the attack, his throat now a gaping hole. Leon swears and runs, grabbing a grenade from his belt, I frown, not expecting this. Leon throws it as my creature leaps towards him with jaws open, it swallows the grenade and explodes, raining down flesh and blood as Leon leans against the wall to catch his breath.

Fuck, I knew the creature was too illogical, it needed more focus, maybe some kind of targeting gene.

The door to my lab bangs, I take a deep breath as it flies open, and Leon storms inside with his weapon raised at me. As soon as he sees my face he falters, disbelief crossing his features. "Y/N?" He whispers, "What the hell are you doing here?" He demands, looking around as if searching for the real culprit.

I shrug up a shoulder as I walk towards him, but he takes a step back. Ah, so he's lost some of that naivety. "What can I say, I guess I played with one too many science kits as a kid."

Leon's lips thin, he lowers his gun and I silently regret what I'm about to do, but it's me or him. I grab my mug and throw it at his face, he narrowly misses it by dodging out of the way, so I use the time to sprint past him and aim for the door. Leon's faster, he grabs me and we fly to the ground, his arms wrap around me as I land on his chest, he grunts as I elbow him in the ribs and roll off, crawling to grab his gun. Leon pulls my ankle and flips me onto my back, I wriggle as he straddles me, his hands grab my wrists and hold them above my head.

"Stop making this hard." He frowns, I huff a laugh and raise a single brow.

"Are you talking about the effort or yourself Kennedy?" I tease, attempting to knee him in the private parts, Leon shuffles out of the way still holding on to me.

"Still as funny as ever." He mumbles as footsteps sound from around the corner, he looks up with concern then looks back down at me, I slump knowing I'm defeated. "Why?" He softly asks.

I avoid his eyes as I press my cheek to the cold floor, "What happened in Raccoon City can never happen again, I figured if I can create something to help people, we'd be more ready to defend and protect."

"You're the one making the monsters
Y/N, who's gonna defend people from you." Leon murmurs, I meet his eyes with sadness, never thinking of it that way.