Babysit| Imagine

I sit with the little girl I'm supposed to be babysittin,, I've not been told much other than she's important and needed looking after for a few hours whilst her parents away for a while.

I sit on the floor next to her as she pretends to pour tea from a cup into others, her disheveled plushies sit around the table with us like a picnic. I smile as she pours some water from the cup, then passes me a cup of tea.

"Thank you princess," I say softly whilst pretending to take a sip. This amuses her and she laughs, sticking her pinky out as she drinks from her own up.

The door to the apartment opens and the little girl immediately panics, crawling urgently into my lap and burying her face into my shoulder. I look up to see Leon pause in the doorway, his eyes drift between me and the girl.

"Do I look that menacing?" He teases with a smile, I shake my head but point to the gun holster he's wearing. Leon takes it off and puts it on the table. I gently hug the little girl, shushing and comforting her until she has the bravery to peek her head out.

"Who are you?" She weakly asks, her little hands grip my top.

Leon slowly steps towards us, crouching down next to us as he holds his hands out in a surrender. "I'm Leon," he softly replies, then gestures to the pretend picnic, "Can I join in?"

The little girl eyes him up warily, but then takes a deep breath and shuffles slightly off of my lap to pour Leon a cup of water. He takes it with a smile before actually drinking it. "Mmm that's great!" He grins, causing the little girl to smile and go closer to him.

Half an hour passes until someone knocks at the door at the allocated time, I pack up the girls things and lead her to the door, saying goodbye as she reunites with a familiar face.

As soon as the door closes I let out a breath, relaxing my shoulders. My eyes drift to the messy table, so I begin to clear the cups and plates away. Strong arms wrap around my middle from behind me before I can register Leon being so close.

"You're a natural." He mumbles, resting his chin on my shoulder as I use the kitchen counter to support myself.

"Meh, it's not too hard, I used to love playing picnic when I was a kid," I wave off, turning around to wrap my arms around Leon's neck, "I've always dreamed of playing pretend with my own daughter."

Leon's blue eyes widen slightly, then he leans in to kiss me once. "I've never really given it much thought, I haven't exactly had time to, but I guess I like the idea of starting a family." Leon mumbles, pressing his forehead against mine.

"We could do it you know, I think I'm ready." I whisper, but Leon's eyebrows frown. He leans back and avoids my eyes, finding a spot at the floor to stare at.

"I- I want to, but not yet. It's not safe with my job and the risks that come with it. I want to be here to see my kid grow up." Leon mumbles. I nod, seeing his point, then unravel my arms from his neck, sensing I'm going to pull away Leon grabs my hips and holds me to him.

I reach up and stroke his cheek lovingly, "You know," I say as I lick my lips, "we could always practice the technique, just so when we're ready we don't have to try too much." I whisper, a small smirk plays on my lips.

Leon's eyes darken and it takes seconds for him to pick me up, his hands on my thighs with my legs wrapped around his waist. His lips meet mine in a frenzy as he carries me to the bedroom, not once breaking away from me.