Weak Without You | Imagine

I sit cross legged on the couch as a bowl of popcorn rests between my knees, I'm so invested in the movie I'm watching that the sudden knock on my apartment door has me jumping halfway to the ceiling, the popcorn flies everywhere and I silently curse myself for overreacting.

I frown and stare at the door, hoping that whoever it is will go away. I check my phone and see it's almost midnight, who the hell is knocking on my door at this hour? Leon's out on work buinsess, and surely my family would call if something was wrong instead of banging on my apartment door.

The knock comes again, this time more aggressive. I swallow and stand up, slipping my phone into my back pocket as I tip toe to the door carefully, my eyes burning as I stare, as if someone's going to burst through it, but that's crazy right?

There's suddenly a massive thump against the door and I jump back, almost tripping over my own feet in the process, it sounded as if someone just punched my door. Fuck this, I reach for my phone and begin to call the police but then I hear rattling. I stop myself from pressing the final number and dialling as I frown, tilting my head to listen closer.

The rattling changes to a jangle, my heart stops when I see the doorhandle move, and my final shred of safety is pulled away from me when the door begins to open. My eyes widen and I turn heel and run, heading straight for my bedroom where I know I can shove my dresser against the door, however I'm too slow and a hand wraps around my middle, tackling me to the floor before climbing on top of me. I quickly analyse the figure, noticing it's a man, wearing some kind of tactical gear, I don't know him though.

"Get off of me!" I shout, bucking and wriggling but the man just grunts and grabs my wrists, pinning them above my head. Tears form in my eyes as he then reaches for a gun, and points it at my head. I plead for him to stop, stiffening in case I accidentally earn myself a bullet. The man scrapes the barrel of the gun across my lips, down to my chest as the warm tears slide down my face.

"Why?" I whisper, feeling defeated as my death feels near. The man's eyes flash in surprise, as if he didn't expect me to ask, but it soon darkens.

"Your boyfriend stepped into something he shouldn't have." The man shrugs, then pulls the gun away only to aim it at my forehead. I whimper and force my eyes closed, waiting for the impact, it takes too long and I open my eyes a smidge just to see Leon standing behind the man, a gun pointed at him and pure anger in his eyes.

A gunshot rings out.

And the man collapses on top of me, his blood pooling on top of me and running down my face. Covering my eyes. My hair. Some even goes into my mouth.

I sob with my mouth closed, my vision darkening from lack of oxygen, I try to move but the body on top of me is too heavy. Great, I'm gonna die from being too small rather than being shot.

"Y/N!" I hear Leon desperately shout, the body is suddenly being yanked off of me, it thuds on the floor beside me and I stare into the glazed eyes, they're staring back unblinking.

"Y/N? Can you move? Talk to me, say something?" Leon begs, grabbing my arms and pulling me to his chest despite the blood.

"I think you killed him." I whisper. A shiver wracks my body and Leon rubs my back, cupping my cheek to force my head away from staring at the dead man.

He deserved it, it was me or him.

But still. I saw Leon kill someone.

He didn't even hesitate.

Didn't blink.

Boom. Dead.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know they'd come after you, none of us did. We were getting close to something, I just didn't expect they...that doesn't matter right now. The backup will be here soon, let's get you cleaned up." Leon softly says as my hands shake harder then they ever have before, my teeth chatter as Leon stands and pulls me with him, heading to the bathroom, but a sudden urge of...something...takes over, and I push Leon away.