Plaga Pains| Imagine

My entire body screams in pain to the point where I feel numb, I'm vaguely aware of someone carrying me, I struggle until a familiar voice mumbles to me.

"We're almost there."

Leon.

Since Saddler took me, I've been in and out of consciousness, barely recognising reality as I drift between a state of nightmares and the real world, but lately both have been the same place. Leon's arms tighten around me as he grunts, I think we're moving slow, and I remember Leon is infected too.

He opens the doors to some kind of lab, a chair with some devices above it stands out as Leon limps to it and gently places me down. As soon as I'm safe, Leon suddenly kneels over in pain, gritting his teeth as his hands grab at something to keep himself up.

"You go first." I mumble, attempting to sit up but I can't move.

"No way." Leon shakes his head as he pulls himself up onto a stool, trying to regain his composure. "Like I told you, I'm gonna get you home safe."

Another wave of pain courses through me as Leon slides over to a computer, he presses a few buttons and the chair moves, lining up with some kind of device above me. "Here goes nothing." Leon mumbles, pressing one last button and giving me a hopeful glance.

My eyes dart around in fear as different mechanisms line up, then I think I die.

It feels like it, the pain I felt before is nothing compared to this, my chest burns as my heart beats fasted, my body spasms as I wriggle and try to break away from the source of the pain, but somehow I stay conscious just long enough to feel Leon's hands grab mine, he knees beside me, supporting me as I scream out, begging for it to be over.

I finally lose consciousness.

When I come to, I look around, feeling tired but so much better, as if a weight has been physically lifted from my chest. My eyes dart around for Leon, I gasp when I see him lying on the floor beside me, passed out looking dead.

"Leon?" I call out, slipping off of the chair and dragging him into my previous place with effort. His head falls to the side, I brush his hair away and rush over to the computer, pressing some buttons as writing comes up.

There's a buzzing until a flash of light beams down onto Leon's chest, his body shakes as his fists clench, he groans in pain but he's too far gone to do anything else. I grab his hand, squeezing as I pray this works, I need him to be okay.

If he isn't, I'll kill Saddler myself.

Minutes later the machine powers off and I'm left with a still unconscious Leon, but his veins are no longer black, and some colour returns to him. I keep watch over him, glancing at the door every few seconds as if someone's going to come in, I grab Leon's gun just in case.

Around twenty minutes later Leon stirs, "Y/N?" He panics, immediately trying to get up.

I smile with relief, my shoulders slumping as I dart forward and throw myself into his arms, my own wrapping around him as he hugs me. "I'm right here. I thought you were gonna die on me."

"OK." Leon mumbles, I roll my eyes at the basic reply, but no matter what I'm still glad he's with me. Leon sits up and swings his legs over the chair as I force myself to pull away.

"You did this?" He asks, clenching his fists and moving his arms, I nod feeling proud.

"Yeah. Yeah I did this." I smile, shrugging up a single shoulder. Leon smiles at me as he stands, wobbling. I grab his arm as he looks down at me, his blue eyes thankful and something else I can't place.

Leon grabs a map from the table and slips it into his pocket as I begin to walk to the door, ready to get out of this place. "Hey," I say turning around, "after this, I'll still see you, right?"

Leon frowns for a second as if thinking on it, but then nods as he gently grabs my hand, linking our fingers together. "I'd be crazy not to." I smile as Leon hesitantly brings my hand up to his lips, kissing the back of it gently, finally telling me his feelings without actually telling me.

"Good, because I'm pretty sure I've learned enough from you to hunt you down if you say no." I tease, Leon smiles as he heads for the door, gently pulling me along with him.