Soulmate AU| Preference

Umbrella Cooperation brought out new technology that puts two people together to be soulmates, it helps keep couples together to support repopulation as well as the economy. It works by an injection at the age of 18, when a person has found their soulmate they'll know by a feeling, experienced by both at the same time...

You're a S.T.A.R.S agent and have been reassigned to an important mission, however this time you have a partner. You're usually a lone wolf, capable of getting the job done on your own, so you already dislike the person you're forced to work with. Leon Kennedy, another S.T.A.R.S agent.

As you step into the elevator to go meet him, a handsome man follows you in, his blue eyes lift to yours and immediately a feeling of calm and need to be with him rushes over you. His eyes widen at the same time as yours, showing he's feeling the same.

Both of you stay quiet, he begins to speak but the doors open and you walk out, ignoring the pull to go back to him. However the man follows you, he tries to grab your arm but you pull it away.

"Look, I'm late for a meeting with someone." You snap.

"Yeah, with me. I'm Leon Kennedy." He says gesturing to himself.

Fuck.

Your mouth opens but he smiles and runs a hand through his hair. "Yeah, I didn't expect this either, I was beginning to think my soulmate had got lost on the other side of the universe."

You bite your lip to keep from smiling, okay maybe this won't be terrible...

You both talk it out, the mission still needs completing so you deal with it first. You both get along well and are extremely compatible, laughing and trying to outwit each other, having similar hobbies and likes, Leon is smitten by you and knows you're the one he's been waiting for.