Meeting Your Parents| Preference

When your parents say they want to meet Leon, you're kind of nervous since a lot of things Leon can't really talk about due to his job, however Leon insists he'll be fine and that he should also meet them.

You both get ready for a dinner at a restaurant where you meet your parents, Leon comforts your anxieties the whole time by resting his hand on your thigh as he drives, smiling as you ramble on and on.

When you finally arrive Leon acts very professional, he gives your father a handshake and your mother a hug (she initiates it) and passes her a bunch of flowers he bought her, including her favourites. She smiles and you all sit down, Leon pulls out your chair which impresses your mother since it's rare for men to be so gentlemanly.

Leon answers all your father's questions, keeping cool as he smoothly lies to him about his job and background, especially the parts about Raccoon City. The whole time you hold Leon's hand under the table, squeezing his hand every now and then to let him know you're okay.

Leon sneaks in a few kisses throughout the dinner, making your mother smile at how happy he makes you. Your father, though still reluctant because you'll always he his little girl, approves of Leon and thinks he's a good man who will protect and cherish you.

Everything runs smoothly and during dessert your mother and father begin telling Leon some of your embarrassing childhood stories, you blush as Leon chuckles, telling you that you're adorable and looking at you with so much love in his eyes.

Your father casually brings up the topic of marriage as you sip on your drink, causing you to spit it out and earn a few dirty looks from other people. Leon, as usual, keeps his cool and shrugs. "When the time is right I'm sure it'll happen. There's no way I'm letting this woman walk out of my life, so I guess putting a ring on her finger will happen when she's ready."

You smile at Leon, leaning your head against his shoulder as your parents continue to talk.

At the end Leon and you both leave, your parents thank Leon for paying, since he doesn't care much about money he doesn't mind spending it.

During the car ride home Leon tells you that your parents are great and he likes how protective they are over you. You agree as he links his hand with yours, kissing the top of it as you fall asleep against the car window. Leon drives careful to not wake you up, and carries you inside when you get home.

Overall, mission accomplished without emotional casualties.