Making The Monsters PT 2| Imagine

"You should've let them kill me." I mumble, staring out of the window. Leon pulls the car to the side, I watch with wide eyes as he cups my bruised face and leans forward, pressing a gentle kiss to my lips.

"Don't say that. We protect each other, and I'm not leaving you again. I don't care what you've done, I know deep down you're a good person and you tried to help when you felt helpless." Leon murmurs, his thumb brushing my cheekbone.

I nod, feeling understood. Though I regret the path I went down for a while, I'm glad Leon once again pulled me out of the darkness and saved me. "I've got a backup lab where I stored all of my research, if we can get there we can destroy it all...Leon, I think I found a cure too."

Leon smiles, grabbing my hand as he nods and pulls back onto the road, never letting go as we drive to redemption...

Turns out the road to redemption is longer than anticipated, especially when most of it I'm in and out of consciousness, my cuts and bruises ache and overall I feel like shit.

We spend numerous nights at different hotels on the way to my lab, Leon insists on us staying together so we end up sharing a bed, Leon never crosses any lines, most of the time I'm too doped up on painkillers to do anything anyway. Leon grabs us food and helps me change my bandages before we're back on the road, repeating the cycle.

Four days later the roads become smaller and less busy, with my instructions Leon turns off down a heavily forested area, the trees block out most of the sunlight creating an eerie darkness, I remember the road well, and if my memory serves me right, there should be a cabin just up ahead.

Twenty minutes later Leon stops the car, his eyes glance at mine in confusion as I nod. "This is it."

"Are you sure? Because this looks more like a weekend retreat than a super secret lab full of top secret and deadly information." Leon shrugs, giving me a dashing smile before getting out of the car and heading to the back, he pulls out numerous guns and knives, passing me a few as we gear up and get ready.

I roll my eyes at Leon and head into the cabin first, using a key I kept as a necklace to unlock the door. It opens revealing a run down classic cabin, with armchairs, rugs and a few bookshelves. The smell of dust makes Leon sneeze, and I turn to smirk.

"That was adorable." I mumble, Leon playfully flips me off but then comes behind me and presses a kiss to my head. With a deep breath I pull the rug revealing a trap door, I knew how cliché it was when I had it installed, and figured nobody would really fall for it if they happened to find this place.

"Really?" Leon huffs, a brow raised as he confirms my thought process. I shrug as I go the bookshelf and pull out a worn copy of 'Frankenstein' then the trap door opens with a hiss. Leon pulls out his gun and aims it as he carefully approaches the door, with one final look at me he kicks it open to reveal a set of stairs that go down deep into the ground. A speck of light is dim at the bottom as I nudge Leon out of the way with my shoulder.

I put a hand on his shoulder and smile at him. "I hope you like stairs." I tease before beginning the descent. Leon follows, the narrow staircase seems nevernding and the only sound is our footsteps and breaths. When finally down a bead of sweat coats my forehead, however Leon seems fine.

The entire room looks exactly how you'd picture a secret lab, it's small with only a few rooms, and tables are littered with papers and testubes, in one room the entire wall is surrounded by shelves filled with different chemicals, and another room is solely used for computer work.

Leon lets out a whistle, he spins around taking it all in as I head to the room with computers, firing them up and typing in a few codes. Leon drags two chairs towards me, gesturing for me to sit as he takes the other, watching me as he keeps watch. His eyes flick to the door, as if expecting something to jump out.