Beach Day| Imagine

I get out of the car with a grin, I can't contain my excitement any longer so I run to the railing and stare at the sea beyond. The waves crash against the rocks and I feel Leon's arms wrap around me from behind, his chin rests on the top of my head as he softly murmurs "This everything you hoped it'd be?"

I nod, turning my head to look at him. "I don't know how the rest of this day is going to beat this view." I say.

He grabs my hand and tugs me up a path exiting the nearly empty car park, despite the overcast skies the temperature is still pretty warm. We walk through the quaint town, passing friendly faces and small cafes until Leon stops outside of a small run down shop nestled between two fancy stores.

"What's this?" I ask with a confused smile. Leon smiles knowingly then opens the door and gestures for me to go first. Hesitantly I step into the shop, immediately overcome with the smell of old books and a musty scent that must originate from the vintage style sofas.

I turn around to Leon as he gazes down at me lovingly, before I dash to the oak shelves, my fingers scan the leather-bound novels. "You're adorable," he mumbles from behind me. I turn with a few books in my hand and stick my tongue out playfully.

I take my books to the counter and watch as a cute old couple natter whilst ringing them up, Leon pays before I get a chance to, then grabs the bag and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"What now?" I ask Leon who narrows his eyes in excitement. I follow his gaze to see an arcade across the field, so I duck under his arm and point a finger at him. "Last one there has to buy ice cream!"

I run as fast as I can across the field, laughing as Leon speeds past me, just before we reach the front door he suddenly stops as I dash past him. Panting I give him a pointed look, watching as he strolls to me, lifting a single shoulder as if he's done nothing intentionally.

As soon as we step inside, the lights and numerous noises capture my attention. Leon grins and rushes to an old game. I lean against a nearby wall, watching with nothing but love as he plays, he mutters to himself and frowns, then fist bumps the air when he wins. When he does eventually lose the game some time later, he turns to me and picks me up unexpectedly.

"I've already won." He chuckles, we then head over to a small air hockey table, I put in the money this time as Leon walks to the opposite side.

"Babe you're my favourite person and I'd never want to upset you, but I'm not letting you win this." He says with a smirk.

I scoff as the game begins, "Oh yeah? Well I'm about to kick your ass Kennedy" I grin as the puck slides towards me, I hit it towards the slot on Leon's side and manage to win a point.

He shakes his head looking disappointed, "That was just luck."

I nod sarcastically as the next round begins...

"Yes! I win, you lose, you're just a massive snooze!" I tease jumping up and down and sticking my tongue out at him. He shrugs it off and smirks at me.

"I let you win."

"Sure" I drawl, smiling as I link our fingers together.

We play a few more games and Leon wins me a giant plushie until my stomach begins growling and we agree to get something to eat. We walk hand in hand to a nearby restaurant that overlooks the sea.

"Let me pay for this," I say as sternly as I can as Leon reaches into his pocket, I shoot him a look and he sighs, pulling his empty hands out.

We eat our food and chat about random things until we've eaten way too much. Afterwards the sun begins to set over the sea, and I feel absolutely drained.

"You can sleep on the way home," Leon murmurs as we walk back to the car, I nod letting out a yawn as he kisses the top of my head.

"This has been the best day ever, thank you so much." I smile as we reach the carpark, Leon nods happily.

"It's one I'll never forget, I'm glad it was spent with you." He replies.

Leon slips out of his jacket and passes it to me as I put my seat belt on inside the car. I get comfortable and drape it over me, resting my head against the window ready for a nap.

Leon turns the music low as he reverses out of the car park, softly drumming his fingers against the steering wheel as we head home.