Deserve Better| Imagine

I smooth down my dress for the millionth time, then sip on the drink I ordered fifteen minutes ago. I sigh as I look around the bar, wondering where the hell my date could be and if I should leave yet.

I check my phone again. Nothing, only a message from a little while ago from my date telling me he'll be here soon.

"Why are you alone?" A familiar voice asks from beside me, I turn to see Leon leaning against the bar, his eyebrow arched as his eyes trail me up and down.

I clear my throat, slightly shocked that he's here. I look around the bar one last time then reply. "I'm waiting for someone."

Leon's eyes narrow, "Who?" He says sharper then I expect. I purse my lips and turn away from him, however he just takes the stool next to me and orders a drink.

"What are you doing?! You can't be here, go sit somewhere else." I exclaim, frowning as he gives me an odd look.

He accepts the drink and pays, taking a hefty gulp before answering me. "I think you'll find I can sit wherever I want sweetie, and besides, I'm not leaving you alone so one of these drunken assholes can get handsy."

Though slightly flattered by Leon's reasoning, I remind myself I'm stil supposed to be on a date..."Well thanks but- hey here he comes!" I smile, my eyes darting to the door where my date comes in, his smile lifts as he strolls towards me, he immediately presses a kiss to my cheek and I think I hear Leon make a deep noise from behind me. There's no time now, Leon's gonna have to deal with it.

"Hey stranger, I was beginning to think you'd ditched me." I joke as my date takes the seat on my other side.

"Nah, I'd only do that if I saw a girl prettier than you" He laughs, Leon coughs as I give him an unimpressed look at the corner of my eye.

Okay, well maybe I'm not entirely wrong, already my date is proving to be...unexpected.

I smile and begin to ask some questions, but things soon take a turn for the worse when my date begins to talk about himself, his hand rests on my thigh as he brags about his job and his house, as well as his expectations for his future wife.

By the time he's done my phone suddenly rings, I apologise and look down seeing it's Leon. I glance next to me where Leon sips on his drink, his phone rests in his lap as he gives me a subtle nod.

He's giving me a way out. I bite my lip and make a decision, answering it before making up an excuse why I have to leave. My date nods and leaves me without another glance, already heading for a group of girls across the bar. Typical.

"Glad that didn't last long, he was an asshole." Leon mumbles from beside me. He's right, but I'm still snappy.

I grab my jacket and storm out of the bar, annoyed my date was another fail, annoyed Leon was there once again to save the day.

"Wait up!" Leon calls out as I'm halfway down the street, I turn and cross my arms, staring up at him.

"What now? Why couldn't you just leave things alone." I snap, Leon runs a hand through his hair, mumbling something under his breath before taking a step towards me.

"You've got terrible taste, you deserve better than these assholes you've been picking out."

"Yeah? Well have any suggestions?" I sarcastically say, but Leon nods as he grabs my hand.

"Me." He mumbles as if it's the only answer I need.

I'm taken aback, but not entirely opposed to the idea. Sure Leon's good looking and we get along so well, but...Well there isn't any buts, I just never thought about him wanting me.

"You? You mean you want to go on a date with me?" I ask with a smile. Leon nods as his eyes soften.

"Yeah I do, I should've saved time and asked you ages ago, but I was a coward."

I open my mouth then close it. "Alright, let's go." I smile, Leon grins and links our fingers together, leading me down the street.

"How do you feel about hotdogs?" He asks looking down at me. I notice the hotdog stand across the street next to the park, then nod.