Partners Imprisoned| Imagine

I let out a yelp of pain as I'm thrown onto the concrete floor of some kind of basement, my knees sting from the scrape but I force myself to stand up, despite the rope binding my hands behind my back.

"Hey assholes, where are-" I begin, but one man spins around and throws a punch that sends me sprawling on the floor, a metallic taste fills my mouth so I spit out the blood and sit up. The few men leave me alone, locking the door behind them, leaving me in the dim light.

Fuck, how did the mission turn to shit so quickly. Leon and I were working together to gather intel on some organisation dealing with bioweapons, and someone must've ratted us out, because halfway through rummaging around some office we were caught. After being blindfolded and tied up we were both shoved in some kind of van and brought here...wherever here actually is.

I grunt and stand, my eyes searching the room for something I can use to cut the rope, or use as a weapon, but these guys are good, they've left not a single thing in here, knowing we're professionals and could kill them with a paperclip.

I suddenly hear a shout of pain, one I recognise from years of missions. "Leon?" I can't help but to call out, I press my ear to the door, but seconds later I'm knocked on my ass when it flies open and a vicious looking man comes in, all muscles and carrying a box. I scoot back, silently admitting I'm not prepared for this. The man looks me up and down slowly, it makes my skin crawl.

"Tell me who you work for." The man demands, setting the box on the floor as another man walks in, weirdly looking the same. I stare at them, pursing my lips in defiance.

The first one scoffs, then leaps forward and grabs my neck. I gasp as he squeezes, tears of shock and fear fall from my eyes, I'm breaking down too quick.

"Tell me who sent you."

The second man opens the box and pulls out a variety of sharp objects, a mix of knives and other torturous things I don't want to meet.

"Last chance little angel, what were you doing snooping where you don't belong?"

I grit my teeth as the cutting begins. Refusing to cry out but still I whimper and try to move away, they slice and nip, punch, slap and kick. By the time their worn out I'm bleeding, bruised and almost ready to give up.

"If you don't answer us, I'm going to go kill your friend."

My eyes shoot up, my mouth opens for the first time in hours. "Please don't." I whisper, my voice cracking.

Fuck, I'm not cut out for this. I should've opted for paperwork.

They both smile at each other before yanking me up, my blood trails along the floor as they drag me out of the room and through some kind of abandoned house, then up some stairs until we're in an attic. My eyes widen as I see a beaten and bloodied Leon slumped against the wall, his eyes barely open.

"Leon!" I call out desperately, rushing to him. The attic door slams shut leaving us both alone.

"Y/N?" Leon mumbles, his head lolling as he tries to lift it.

"It's okay, don't move," I try to reassure, pressing my forehead to his as I scan his body for injuries, luckily none seem to be fatal, just painful and raw.

"I'm gonna rip their fucking hands off for hurting you." Leon deeply says, his eyes meet mine for a second until he drops it again, letting out a ragged sigh.

I slump beside him, bringing my knees to my chest as I watch his chest rise and fall. He's passed out. I stay like that for some time, just watching him still alive, my heart racing nonstop.

At some point one of the men come back, sliding a tray of bread and water over to me. I frown as he spits near it and closes the door behind him. Fucker.

Leon groans and slowly wakes up, looking more alert than earlier. "If I stand up do you think you can untie me?" I ask, Leon nods so I try to stand, wincing as my cuts begin to bleed again, Leon inhales sharply as he takes in my wounds, but doesn't comment, his fingers graze my wrists as he works at the rope, pulling until they're loose. I shrug off the rope and kneel down, ignoring my own injuries.

"Let me clean you up," I murmur perched between Leon's legs, I grab the cup of water and bring it up to his lips, Leon sips then pulls away, I take a sip and then dip my tee into the water, then begin wiping the crusted blood from his face.

"I can't let you out, I need a key." I whisper glancing at Leon as he watches me. He nods, and hisses when I press too hard.

After we both sit in silence, completely helpless. "Are we gonna die here?" I ask.

"No." Leon harshly says, then his voice softens, "No, we're going to get out, I just need to think of something."

I huff and lean my head against his shoulder, my arm wraps around his middle as I breathe him in. We both sit there for however long, waiting for the unknown.

Some time later the same men come back, but this time I stand with my fist raised. They're shocked but not entirely surprised, I go for one and land a punch but the other grabs me and digs his fingers into my cuts, I cry out as Leon rapidly thrusts against the chains, trying to get their attention.

The men throw me down and I hit my head, everything goes fuzzy whilst they grab Leon, I call out his name as they grin coldly at me. "You'll be sure to tell us everything after this."

They slam the door, taking Leon with them. I pry at the door, my fingernails breaking until I hear a gunshot then silence.

"No." I sob, falling to the floor as tears fall down my face, I scream and shake, my heart breaking as I feel my soul shatter.

There's more gunshots soon after, I pause my breakdown and listen, hearing grunts of pain and bodies falling. When the door opens soldiers I recognise storm in, it's all a blur as they help me up and get me out of the house, treating my wounds and get me on a helicopter. We arrive at some safehouse but I don't care.

How could I, Leon's dead.

I feel numb, and the first thing I do once safe is go to bed, crying and shaking until I finally pass out.

Days pass. I'm hurting but healing.

A week later, I'm sat by the window of my current room, still in the safehouse until further notice. I stare at the trees of the woods surrounding the place, not thinking or feeling, just am.

A knock on my door stirs me out of my stupor, I stand and answer it, expecting the soldier looking after me, but when my eyes meet blue I dart forward, wrapping my arms around Leon's neck as he hugs me tightly, letting out a shuddery breath as he buries his face into my hair.

"How?" I whisper, my voice thick with tears as Leon picks me up and carries me to the bed, setting me on his lap.

I pull back and see the bruises and healing, "I needed a trip to the hospital, I told them not to say anything to you incase I didn't make it."

I frown and hug him again, leaning against him as he rubs my back. "It's okay, we're safe now and we're together."

I nod, finally crying from relief as Leon shushes and comforts me. His own eyes look as haunted as my own, did they threaten him with my death too?

We stay together from that moment onwards, refusing to leave each other even in a different room. At night we sleep together, helping each other from the nightmares that plague us, other days it's back to normal, kissing and dating like almost a normal couple and not a pair of agents.