The Part That Hurts The Most| Imagine

Leon glances at me uneasily before reaching out and grabbing the sample of the vaccine, his jaw tenses as his blue eyes look around curiously, as if he's waiting for something bad to happen.

For the first time since we both teamed up, nothing tries to kill us. Or at least, nothing yet. Leon turns and winks at me playfully, "Seems like lady luck is finally on our side." I roll my eyes but can't hide the smile that appears on my face, but it soon drops as I remember what I'm here for, and now the new obstacle that stands in my way.

"Don't drop that," I say nodding at the vial in his hand, "actually, give it here." Leon shakes his head, slipping the vial into his pocket.

"It's alright, I've got it." He smiles again, dammit, why does he have to be so heroic. I've officially run out of plans, and I can tell Leon is beginning to sense something is up with me. Leon begins walking back the same way we came, down the corridor and towards the main elevator shaft, with a heavy inhale I quickly pull out my gun and aim it at the back of his head. Usually my fingers aren't so shaky, but betrayals are usually easy, for some reason this one has a real bite to it. Leon freezes as he turns around, his hands in the air as his brows frown.

"What are you doing?" Leon asks, sounding almost pained by having to ask. I lick my lips, giving Leon an apologetic look.

"I need that vial, there's nothing else to it." I say, attempting to keep my voice steady. Leon fakes a laugh as his eyes look around, clearly he's just as uncomfortable with our new conflict as I am.

"There's definitely more to it. Who are you working for? I should've knew you were too eager to help me." He murmurs, dropping his hands slowly as my gun drops a little. Catching myself I aim it high again, and really hope that I don't have to pull the trigger.

I look down at my watch for a split second, a rookie mistake. Leon uses the distraction to grab my gun and throw it aside, I narrow my eyes and swing my fist to his jaw, but his reflexes are fast and he catches it, pulling me towards him as I use my other hand to try punch. Another fail, Leon twists my arms over my chest as my body spins, and I end up cuddled against him with my back pressed against his chest.

"This isn't very professional of you." I murmur, relaxing just enough for Leon to release his grip. As soon as he does I stomp down on his foot, as predicted he reacts so I use the opportunity to spring forward and grab my gun again, turning around just as Leon's about to tackle me.

"Neither is holding a gun up to the person who saved your life." Leon sarcastically says back. Behind us the elevator dings and my lighthearted mood drops.

Two men and a woman come strolling out, all dressed in fancy suits and holding expensive guns, ones I helped supply. "Y/N, you're behind schedule." The tallest man, Jack, says with disapproval. I nod as I stand up and gesture at Leon with my weapon.

"Just had to deal with something." I smile, Leon stiffens as I step towards hin and reach into his pocket, pulling out the vaccine vial. His lips twitch as if he's got something to say, but he decides against it.

"Get rid of him and let's go." The woman, Tab, whines. She's the weakest link of my team, but she's good with seduction which is useful at times, unlike my prickly personality.

My eyes dart to Leon's, I never planned to kill him, I knew I might need to beat him up a little, but I was mostly hoping the sting of betrayal would keep him down whilst I stole the vial and ran off.

My team look at me expectantly, waiting for me to pull the trigger. I swallow and stare at Leon, he looks at me with judgement, I can't imagine what he's thinking right now, but I probably deserve it. After a few moments I shake my head, "There's no point in killing him, he's useless."