Territorial| Imagine

AN: This imagine is based/inspired by a scene from Death Island. Beware of spoilers!
‐----------------------------------

The vaccine rushes through my body, already I feel better and more able to move, I'm convinced that I'm going to be traumatised from the infection and near death experience.

"You okay?" Leon asks, stopping in the middle of the underground tunnel to grab my shoulder, his other hand grazes my cheek. I can tell he's still scared of almost losing me, and honestly I'm still pretty shaken up to. I give him a forced smile, squeezing his wrist as we continue to stop the virus from getting out.

Leon leads me to a control tower he and Jill found earlier, I look around the room, searching for something we can use. There's usually a button or something, right?

Leon stares ahead, his eyes narrowed in confusion, I tilt my head at him. "Why's he letting all the water in?" Leon murmurs, my eyes follow his line of sight to the floodgate and the water rapidly coming in. I open my mouth to suggest an idea, but footsteps behind us make me pause. We both turn to see the same blonde woman from earlier strolling towards us with no care in the world.

I tense up, my fists clench as I remember how she hurt Leon, intended to kill him, as we were infected. All I could do is lie and watch as she stepped on Leon like his life meant nothing. "Easy, take a breath." Leon softly mumbles beside me, he glances at me briefly sensing the rage consuming me. He's right, I need a clear head, so I take a deep breath but square my shoulders for a fight anyway.

"I'm glad the virus didn't kill you," the blonde woman, I think her name is Maria, says to Leon with a look of murder in her eyes, "I wanted to be the one to do it."

Defensively I step in front of Leon, my arm outstretched as if protecting him from her. "Tough luck honey," I sarcastically smile, "nobody touches my man but me."

Leon huffs a laugh from behind me, he leans in towards me just enough for his lips to graze the shell of my ear. "That's my girl." He mumbles deeply, my smile becomes genuine.

"You don't always get what you want though." Leon says louder to Maria, she frowns and jumps up, kicking a metal panel loose. It flies towards us so I throw myself right as Leon flies left. I let out a hiss as I try to sit up, clearly my body is still recovering from the earlier near death experience, and I look up to see Leon and Maria throwing punches and kicks to each other.

Maria has the upper hand, so I dart up as quickly as I can just in time to see Maria land a nasty jab across Leon's jaw. His face swings to the side and I swear I see red. "You're going to pay for that." I spit out, throwing a few punches of my own. But she's quick, ridiculously so, and manages to slip past me to get to Leon. She grabs ahold of him and smashes his face to the wall, I spin around as she launches him onto the control panel, which gives me time to kick out at her legs. She falls for a second, then catches herself before hitting me across the face. I stumble back as she kicks up a metal pole and jumps into the air, aiming the pole for Leon.

"Leon!" I scream, rushing to grab Maria as she stabs the pole into the control panel. Leon narrowly misses it, rolling as Maria tries to stab him again. "This is for my father!" She angrily says, but reaching her I grab the back of her hair and pull her towards me, she spins as Leon grabs the pole from her, and I throw my fist out as hard as I can into her stomach.

"This is for my boyfriend!" I shout, smiling as she doubles over and gives me a brief look of pure shock. I bask in it for a second until she recovers. "Your dad was Arias' guard dog. You were his bitch." I spit out, Leon pulls out his gun from behind me, ready to finish the job, but Maria kicks forward and I go flying across the room, hitting a metal shelf. I hurts so much, all I can do is wheeze as I force myself to stay conscious.

Maria grabs hold of the metal pole from earlier as she pushes Leon to the wall as he tries to attack, his gun skitters across the floor and I crawl to it as Leon grunts from the effort of pushing back from the pole Maria is trying to strangle him with. The pole begins to bend as he struggles, "I only like to be tied up by my girl." He grits out, I shoot him a pointed look as he grins at me and finally breaks out of her hold.

I grab the gun and aim but Maria has gotten hold of Leon yet again, but this time he's kneeling as she has him in a headlock. I aim the gun, but I can't shoot her otherwise I'll hit Leon. His eyes meet mine and somehow I know his plan. I take a breath and pull the trigger, shooting her arm. She yelps and throws Leon across the room, where he shatters into some glass. I make the mistake of watching him to not see Maria come at me, she grabs my hair and slams my head into the wall, my vision blurs as she heads for her main target.

I grab the gun and go to aim again, but her and Leon are engaged in some intimate looking fight. "I will make you pay for killing my father." She says, I practically growl as she wraps her legs around his neck. Not on my watch. He stands and manages to throw her off as I grab my knife from my boot and throw it, it lands into Maria's leg and she looks down.

"Yeah, well your dad was kind of a dick." Leon mutters before kicking her towards the wall. She flies backwards and I wince as a sharp piece of machinery impales her chest. I fall to my knees, pain overwhelming me from my new injuries.

Maria gasps and looks down in disbelief, then stumbles forward and falls on the floor, never to rise again. Leon rushes over to me, helping me up as he cups my face. "Are you alright? You're not gonna die on me any time soon, right?" Leon jokes, but there's worry there.

I shake my head, letting him help me up as he wraps his arms around me gently and kisses my head. "That was kinda hot," he smirks down at me, "You getting all territorial and protective."

I roll my eyes but smile, wrapping an arm around Leon's waist to hold myself up. We both look to Maria's body on the floor, Leon purses his lips then mumbles "Now you can be with your dad again." I give Leon a squeeze, sensing his guilt, but he turns to me and that calm mask of his slips back into place.

"We should go let the others know we're alive. And maybe help out." He smiles, I nod and reach up, pressing a quick kiss to his lips before fighting through the pain and heading to meet with Jill and the others.