Cabin Outages| Imagine

I'm rummaging around the drawers upstairs, searching for my pyjamas when suddenly the lights go out. I told Leon that we shouldn't spend the night at some dingy cabin in the woods, but he insisted it's for my safety.

I look out of the window, the moonlight shines prettily on the landscape beyond. Usually I'd think something nice, but right now my hands begin to shake and every shadow looks like an enemy, something evil that's going to come in and kill us.

The floorboards creak from another room, causing me to jump and press myself against the wall. "Leon" I whisper just loud enough for him to possibly hear, he went to do something before the power went out and I don't know where he is.

I'm met with silence. I'm half tempted to launch myself into bed and hide under the blankets until it comes back on, but another part of me is ready to fight, I'm not an agent like Leon but he's taught me a few things and I'd like to think I could help him if the time ever came.

"Leon?" I call out louder this time, but there's still no answer. Using the dim light from the window, I grab a vase and hold it up, just in case plus there isn't much else. Hesitantly I begin tip toeing my way into the hallway, my eyes dart in the dark as I assess every detail.

"I swear if you jump out at me Leon, I'll gouge out your eyeballs with a spoon after." I mumble, laughing a bit from fear.

I reach the stairs and hold the wall, feeling my way down to the bottom. As soon as I reach the last step, the lights flicks to life.

"Y/N, what are you doing, you could have fallen down- why are you holding a vase?" Leon asks looking a mix of concerned and amused.

My shoulders sag as I put the vase on a nearby table. "I- I thought I'd need it, you're the one who thinks someone's after us." I mumble, feeling silly.

Leon smirks and grabs my hand, leading me to the living room and onto the sofa. I slump down as he opens his arms and pulls me to his chest.

"You were scared, weren't you?" Leon muses as I cross my arms and tuck my feet up getting comfy.

"No, I just figured I'd bash you around the head if you jumped out at me." I snap, but my face softens when Leon bites back a chuckle.

"You're a terrible liar, but a cute one. I had to reset the generator which cut off the power for a sec." He grins. I playfully grab a pillow and whack him in the face, but he catches it and throws it on the floor before pushing me down onto my back and hovering over me.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you from the big bad monsters." He teases as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Shut up and kiss me." I whisper as Leon gently plucks some hair away from my face and kisses me.