Wounds| Imagine

As soon as Leon walks through the door, I jump up and wrap my arms around him. He stumbles back a bit but drops his duffel bag and snakes an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"I've missed you." I mumble into his chest as he huffs a laugh. "I've missed you too." He replies, pushing me back so he can breathe.

When I look up at him, I can't help but gasp. I'm used to seeing him already patched up, so his cuts and bruises seem worse than usual.

"Yeah, I haven't exactly had time to get to that yet." He fills in, fixing his dirty blonde hair with a single hand. I grab his gloved hand and lead him to the bathroom, pushing him on the toilet lid as I rummage through the cabinet.

It doesn't take me long to find the things I need since Leon often keeps the cupboards stocked with first aid equipment, even though he's a fantastic fighter, he still receives some damage.

"You don't have to-" Leon begins, but I shoot him a look that tells him to be quiet. He sighs and carefully peels off his fingerless gloves, throwing them into the sink. I notice his knuckles are bloody too, so I fill the sink with some warm water and dip a cloth in.

I get on my knees and gently pull one of Leon's hands towards me, then begin to wipe the blood away. Most of it is crusted up, so I have to use a little force. Leon doesn't hiss in pain like I expected, he just stares at the floor as if his mind is somewhere else.

"That bad huh?" I softly ask, biting my lip. I hate that he has to deal with all this shit, and I've asked him numerous times if he's sure about staying, but I know he loves his job even when it hurts.

He's a protector, it's in his blood.

Leon doesn't answer me, he just gives me a single nod as a strand of hair falls into his eyes. I reach up and push it back, cupping his cheek as my thumb traces his cheekbone. Leon leans into my touch, only a little but it's enough to tell me that he's here with me, not stuck in his head.

Once I'm done with his hands, I lean up and kneel between his legs, rinsing the cloth before dabbing at a cut on his forehead. This time Leon inhales sharply, so I give him an apologetic look before continuing. Once I wipe it, the blood begins to flow.

"Looks worse than it is." He gruffly mumbles seeing my alarmed expression. I let out a shaky breath and apply pressure, holding the cloth tightly to his head.

Leon's hand comes up and covers mine, his blue eyes meet mine and I can't help but feel my heart skip a beat. Damn him and his gorgeous face, even when it is bruised and battered. His thumb brushes the back of my hand, and I finally tear my eyes away to apply a sticky strip to his cut now the bleeding has stopped.

"There, now you're back in buinsess." I smile, leaning back. Leon huffs a laugh as he grabs my chin and tilts my face up.

"Thank you" He murmurs, his eyes dart to my lips as I lick them, anticipating what comes next.

I don't have to wait long, Leon leans forward and gently presses his mouth to mine, it's delicate since he's in pain, but it's enough for me to gasp into his mouth.

When we pull away, I stand up and hold out a hand, helping him up as I lead him to come sit with me.