Welcome Leon| Imagine

"Hey, hands off the goods." I joke as I narrow my eyes down at Neil, then I continue balancing on the desk as I reach on my toes and pin up the last string.

"Look good?" I call out to my fellow police officers, they all nod as they smile, a few hold cups of coffee since we're on the evening shift, Marvin grins as he walks out of the office.

"Great job, I'm sure he'll love it." Marvin calls out, his eyes scan the 'Welcome Leon' sign as he walks towards me with his hands out as Neil lets go of my waist. I smile at take Marvin's hands, hopping off of the desk and wiping my hands on my uniform.

"Get off your asses, we've got a serious emergency outside, those cannibalistic serial killers are teamed up outside, some even got inside the parking garage." Cheif Irons yells at us, briefly opening the door before slamming it shut.

We all look at each other grimly for a second before springing into action, heading to the weapons room to gear up...

That was two days ago, since then I've seen the impossible come to life. The cannibals turned out to be zombies, and I'll never see my friends again, because I watched each and every one of them die a horrendous death, apart from the two that decided to take matters into their own hands and eat a bullet.

When it was down to just me and Marvin, we got split up by some monster scaling the walls, Marvin insisted on distracting it and yelled at me to run, and I did. I've been holed up in the S.T.A.R.S office ever since, waiting for someone, anyone, to make contact or until the undead find me.

I sit on the floor, my leather jacket wrapped around me since I was brave enough to grab it on my way here, it's the only reminder of my old life I have left. I lean my head on my shoulder, my eyes staring at the RPD logo on my arm, with a huff.

All of a sudden I hear a faint noise from the corridor, I stand and grab my gun, cursing the few bullets I have left, I crouch behind the printer as I try to control my rapid breathing, waiting for whatever it is outside to find me.

The door opens and I rush up, my finger on the trigger, but the thing isn't a zombie, it isn't a thing at all, it's a man around my age, his blonde hair and blue eyes distinctly familiar, wait, is this...

"Leon?" I ask with shock, his eyes widen as he looks me up and down, his shoulders slump with relief as he strides towards me, but stops himself as if he's questioning what he's actually intending to do. I quickly introduce myself as I smile for the first time in days.

"It's so good to see another officer, I didn't think there was anyone left, apart from Lieutenant Branaugh, but he's..." Leon leads off, sounding hopeful at first but it soon disappears.

My heart drops at the news, but honestly I expected it, and besides maybe it's for the best, his hell hole is enough to haunt anyone for the rest of their life. "I'm sorry this isn't the first day you expected." I mumble as Leon nods.

"Yeah, I appreciate the sign though." He lightly laughs, I shrug up a shoulder and wave it off, feeling sad as I remember how happy we all were at the time.

The door opens again as a zombie walks in, the undead must know our whereabouts now. Leon and I both shoot at the same time, the zombie drops as we look at each other and laugh, it eases the macabre atompshere for a few seconds.

"We need to get out of here, there might be more survivors out there." Leon says, reloading his gun as I grab my hip pouch and slip it on.

"Yeah, the front of the building is barricaded so we can't go that way, but I heard some officers talk about a secret tunnel in the lobby, it could be worth looking?" I ask as Leon watches me.

He nods and opens the door, holding it for me as I step past and aim my gun, Leon's flashlight shines a few seconds later and we begin our descent. We fight numerous undead that linger in the corridors, passing so many dead bodies I feel numb, and luckily no monsters.

"We're partners right?" I ask Leon hesitantly when we unlock the secret tunnel. He frowns but holds out a hand for me, sensing my anxiety about the future.

"Of course, I won't leave you behind."

**********Seven Hours Later*********

Leon grabs my hand and pulls me onto the train, I fall on top of his chest as his arms wrap around me, both of us pant heavily from the sprint.

"Thanks for not leaving me behind partner." I mumble with a laugh in his neck, Leon chuckles as he sits up, his arms still wrapped around me.

"After the zombies, secret labs, Umbrella monsters and crazy scientists...I think we've reached more than partners." Leon huffs, giving me that warm smile I've grown to rely on within the last seven hours of us surviving together.

His hand reaches up and wipes some dirt from my cheek as he leans in and presses his soft lips to mine, I smile into the kiss, my hand resting against his chest as I kiss him back. The train rattles from the explosion behind us, and a pang of sadness washes over me.

"I'm glad I met you tonight." Leon murmurs as he leans back against the train. I nod as I slump between his legs.

"Me too, I just wish it was under normal circumstances." I reply.

"Yeah, but either way I'd still crush on you, I guess shared trauma is the key to my heart." He chuckles, stroking my hair as I yawn.

I snort and lean my head up, cupping his cheek as I kiss him again and leave Raccoon City behind.