Rogue| Imagine

I sit in the interview room, the bright lights blinding as I sip on the cup of water the government officials oh so kindly gave me. 

A man comes in, the same one from earlier who gives me a dashing smile, he takes the seat opposite me and rests his forearms on the table, leaning forward and trying to look intimidating. I force myself not to roll my eyes, Leon always taught me about how people will use their body language as a weapon, and that I can just as well fight back with my own. 

I lean back in my chair, my shoulders slumped as if I don't care. The man takes a breath, squaring up to me. "So, Leon Kennedy is your boyfriend, right?" 

I nod, looking around and noticing there's a camera watching me from the corner, it's red light beeping continuously in time with my heart beat. "Have you noticed any strange behaviour from him? Any odd conversations or harsh feelings towards anyone?" 

I narrow my eyes, it's my turn to lean forward. "He's been fine. What's this all about sir?" 

The man watches me curiously, and my tough act begins to drop. Ever since I got the phone call this morning to come into the police department my anxiety was through the roof, and now I'm more worried about what's going on. "Mr Kennedy was assigned to protect someone, it was his duty and he failed. The target was found brutally murdered, and Leon completely gone." 

My eyes widen, I press my palms to the table as I stand. "Well why aren't you doing something! He could be hurt, taken-" I stop and front, pointing an accusing finger at the man, "You think he's responsible." 

The man purses his lips, it seems like both of our facades are dropping. "Yes I do, he's the only one who had access to the target, and on top of that he's the best agent we have. It's all very coincidental." 

I huff and cross my arms, taking a shaky breath in. "He would never. There isn't a single thing he wouldn't do to protect someone, so I don't believe for one second that he'd go rogue and do the opposite." 

The man nods as if thinking the same thing. I guess I can't blame him, he's got a murder case on his hands as well as a missing agent, if I'm already panicking then he must be shitting himself. 

"You can go now. If we have any updates or more questions we'll contact you." 

I'm dismissed just like that. I shove my hands into my coat pockets and head out of the police department, walking calmly down the street to not act suspicious, but it feels like I am. I feel like everyone is watching me, and they probably are. 

I unlock the door to my apartment but freeze when I see a figure sitting on the couch, my cat purring away on his lap. Leon. 

"Where the fuck have you been? What is going on Leon?" I ask, shutting the door and running over to him. Leon stands as my cat runs off of cause mayhem, his arms wrap around me as he buries his face into my hair, inhaling deeply. 

"Calm down baby," he murmurs, "I don't know what's going on. I was mid mission and went to go check the perimeter, when I came back the target was dead, I knew I'd been set up and knew I'd go down for it if I didn't run." 

I sigh, clinging to him as he sits down and pulls me onto his lap. "Isn't there something we can do? We could talk-" 

"We aren't doing anything." He says, and I suddenly know where this is going. I shake my head, tears filing my eyes as Leon softly smiles at me and cups my face in his hands. 

"I can't have you getting hurt, you deserve better than this." He mumbles, scanning my face as if for the last time. 

Tears fall down my face as I press my forehead against his chest, he hugs me before picking me up and setting me in the empty space beside him. "I'll wait." I whisper as he stands, "I'll wait for you to to sort all of this out, then you can come back to me." 

Leon looks pained, his mouth opens to say something but instead he quickly leans down and kisses me deeply, it's full of love and regret. It tastes so bitter yet so sweet. 

"It could take a while..." He whispers, his nose brushing against mine. 

"I'll wait forever if I have to." 

Leon's eyes water, so he stands and heads for the door without looking back. 

*******2 Years Later******

I lock the door and sigh, petting my cat one last time I head to bed, slipping under the cold covers and staring at the ceiling. 

Eventually my eyes close, and I fall into a restless sleep. I somehow feel like I'm not alone, and I wake up and immediately slip out of bed. 

I hesitantly pad to the living room, stiffening when I see a figure I never thought I'd see again despite my positivity and hope. He stands there, my cat in his arms as he cradles it, smiling down fondly.

"Leon?" I breathe out, his head turns to me as I rush to him, the cat jumps out of his arms as I take its place, my arms and legs around around Leon as he catches me, I'm sobbing as he drops to the floor on his knees, squeezing me tightly. 

"Y/N, fuck I've missed you." He grumbles, his body shaking as I cry and cry. He rubs my back, soothing me as I let out years worth of loneliness and isolation, I never even went on a date whilst I was hopefully waiting for him. I'm so glad I was right. 

"I love you. Don't leave me again." I shakily say after a few minutes. Leon kisses my temple, my forehead, my lips. 

"Never again." He says, it's so honest and raw and I know it's the truth. "I wanted to come see you but it wasn't safe." 

"And now?" I ask, pulling away as Leon wraps his legs around me on the floor, wrapping his body around me and caging me into him. 

"It's all in the past now. Turns out the whole thing was a set up like I guessed, but there's more to it. I can't tell you though baby, it's top secret." 

I smile despite my eagerness to know more. "Okay," I sigh and kiss his neck, "You still look the same, you haven't changed." 

Leon groans at my touch, he grabs my wrists in one hand and kisses me deeply, pinning me to the floor as he straddles me. "You have. I'm sure you've got hotter." He chuckles. I laugh and wriggle to torment him, which works because in no time we're in bed and completely consumed by one another.