Reunion| Imagine

"After finally getting out of the station we're faced with this? Should have just stayed all warm and cosy back in RPD." I huff as Leon shuffles in his seat beside me, the room seems smaller than it is, and I don't trust the people telling us that we're safe now.

"Miss, come this way please." One soldier says to me, I look to Leon who purses his lips suspiciously, but he gives me a nod as if reassuring me. Hey, I guess shared trauma builds BFFs.

"See you soon." I mumble to the only person I trust in this apocalyptic hell, Leon mumbles a goodbye and watches as I walk out.

That was six years ago. I never saw him again.

My eyes currently scan the village, the inhabitants don't exactly seem welcoming, and their eyes tell me that I'm right. They all wield pitchforks and other farming equipment, but I don't see many animals other than a few scruffy looking chickens.

I reload my gun ready for action, but all of a sudden someone beats me to it. A gunshot blasts through the eerie calm, then I notice a villager falls. Without another moments hesitation I jump over the log I was crouched behind and fire at the first villager I see.

Soon enough, they all split up, some come towards me with their tools raised, others go towards the tall stranger. I fight my way through them, rolling and dodging swings, running past crazed women and insane men, avoiding their determination to kill me.

Just as I take down the last villager, I feel a knife pointed at my lower back.

"Turn around slowly." A deep yet familiar voice sternly says. Instead I spin around and bring my gun up so we're at a stalemate.

"Leon?"
"Y/N?"

My eyes widen as I take in Leon's older but still handsome look, his blue eyes seem colder now, but I still know that the Leon I met at RPD is still there.

I drop my weapon at the same time Leon drops his, his arms scoop me up as I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him ferociously.

We don't have much time to celebrate our reunion though, because slowly the villagers raise up from the dead, the church bell rings and they all begin to walk towards it, as if being summoned.

"Where's everyone going? Bingo?" Leon mumbles, earning a laugh from me.