Major| Imagine

I wake up with a massive ache along my jaw, at first I'm confused as I look around, spotting the distant mountains and grey night sky, crumbling rock surround me with a view of part of the castle in front. I must be in some kind of battlements, I furrow my brows as I think back, one minute I was with Leon and Ashley, then...

Shit! Ashley's been captured again, and where's Leon? How did I get here?

A muscled man with white hair steps into view, his eyes narrowed at me as he grunts. My instinct tells me he isn't on my side, his words soon prove he's the reason I'm here.

"Your Rookie will be here soon enough, the bastard is desperate to save anyone he can."

I stay silent, looking around as I try to find something to cut my ties with, the man dismisses me with a huff as he turns to the sound of Leon's calls.

"Y/N!" Leon frantically shouts repeatedly, I can tell he's getting closer as the muscled man prepares for a fight. All of a sudden Leon comes running into view, his gun already pointed at the mysterious man.

"Let her go Krauser." Leon grits out, the man, Krauser, shakes his head as he twirls his knife in his hand.

"You've always been weak, caring too much about other people that you can't even save yourself when it matters most, didn't I teach you anything?"

Leon looks pained but hides it well. Soon enough the fight begins, I don't see it well as I'm desperate to try and break free, hoping I can help Leon in any way I can.

"Here!" Leon shouts, throwing a knife towards me just as he ducks under Krauser's slice. I scurry for the blade, using it to cut the rope at my hands and feet.

Leon's grunts of pain fill me with adrenaline, just as Krauser lands a punch to Leon's jaw I run at him and grab at his back, I bury the blade into his neck but he shakes me off and I go flying, pain laces through me as my body collides with the wall. I try to stand but everything blurs, my limbs are weak and all I can do is watch.

Krauser shouts something to Leon before mutating, his whole arm becomes a fleshy sword, slicing through the air until Leon begins shooting. My vision goes dark for a while as I blackout, when I wake I see Leon standing over Krauser's bloody body panting heavily.

"Do what you have to." Krauser says, somehow sounding different, as if the fight with Leon has brought him back from being a raging lunatic. I've never seen Leon so torn, but he still kneels down, grabbing a nearby knife as he guides the pointed edge over Krauser's heart. "That's right." Krauser reassures him, giving Leon strength.

I begin to crawl towards them, hoping I can do the job for Leon, but I'm too slow. Leon forces his other hand over the knife handle as he pushes the blade deep, hitting Krauser's heart, but by the look of Leon's face it seems Leon feels the damage too.

"I trained you well...Leon." Krauser mumbles before his last breath leaves his chest. Leon's lip wobbles as he replies.

"That you did Major."

My eyes fill with tears for Leon, the pain he must be feeling, I can't bear it. Leon give himself no time to grieve as he turns towards me and kneels down, his hands roam my body, checking for injury.

"I'm alright," I whisper, my voice cracking as I feel Leon's hands shake. He nods and stands up, holding a hand out for me. I take it and Leon turns around, already heading for the bridge where Ashley may be.

I speed up my walking and quickly wrap my arms around Leon's middle from behind, he stops and stands still, stiffening as I mumble "I'm sorry for your loss."

Leon's shoulders relax after a second, as if somehow the words help him feel less alone. He nods and I let go, but Leon is quick to wrap an arm around my middle, keeping me close as we begin to head for the bridge.

"You sure you're okay?" Leon murmurs, glancing down at me with sad blue eyes. I give him a weak smile, he doesn't smile back but there's nothing I can do right now other than help him finish this mission so we can go home.