Nobody Could Replace You| Imagine

AN: This imagine is loosely based on RE2 Remake.
---------------------------------------------------------

Leon and Ada hobble over the metal bridge as I stand still and shoot the zombies coming our way, I glance back to see they've crossed over the sewer water safely and are headed to the Umbrella cable car which should hopefully go down to the NEST. Leon stops and shouts something but it's too late, by time I turn back a zombie launches itself at me, I dodge it just in time as it falls into the water below, but the few seconds cost be and now the horde has blocked my way across the bridge.

"Y/N, go back to the treatment room, I'll take some out to clear your path!" Leon calls out, holding onto his wounded shoulder. I shake my head, stepping back a few steps to a door.

"We don't have time. Go without me, I'll find a way down!" I shout, my heart thumping rapidly as Leon shakes his head, but we both know there's no other way. I give Leon a loving smile before turning on my heel and running away, determined to find another ID wristband so I can use the cable car when it comes back up.

"Leon come on, leave her." I vaguely hear Ada snap, anger burns through me at the thought of her with my boyfriend, she's pretty and has that seductive aura around her, I don't trust her one bit so I'm going to have to rely on Leon to keep his distance, as best he can despite being forced to work with her...

**********Some Time Later***********

Hesitantly I step out of the cable car and into the NEST, I aim my gun up as I search the area for any sign of Leon or Ada, the only evidence of their whereabouts is the occasional dead zombie.

I walk down numerous polished corridors, until I hear a noise from one of the rooms, with a deep breath I open the door into some kind of cafeteria. My shoulders slump as I see Leon and Ada talking hurriedly. As soon as Leon sees me his eyes light up, I run to him and wrap my arms around his neck as his arms encircle me, his face buries into my neck.

"Thank God you're okay, I've been worried sick, I didn't want to leave you but-" Leon rushes out, but I huff and pull back, reaching up to cup his face as his eyes search mine.

"It's alright, we're together again now." I mumble, reaching onto my toes to press a kiss to his lips. I hear a sharp inhale of breath from beside us and lean back, letting go of Leon to see a shocked Ada, her brows raised as her eyes dart between Leon and I.

"You're a couple?" She says surprised, but then a cruel smile tilts her lips, "Leon, why didn't you mention that before you let me kiss you." She sarcastically asks Leon.

My eyes widen as I step away from Leon, my head swivels between them both as my heart plummets to my feet, I don't know whether to believe her or not?

Leon looks just as shocked as I do, but as soon as his eyes drop to the floor for a split second I know she's telling the truth. "It wasn't like that, I didn't even know she was going to, we were just talking then-"

I hold up a hand to stop Leon, he immediately closes his mouth and reaches for me but I swat him away, instead of sadness I feel so frustrated, so I leap forward to punch Ada, but Leon's arms wrap around me from behind, pulling me as I violently thrash in his hold, shouting and swearing as Ada just watches me as if I'm crazy.

"Get off of me Leon!" I snap, breaking out of his hold. As soon as his sad blue eyes meet mine my anger is redirected and I end up slapping him. Leon's head drops as I shake, tears begin falling down my face as Ada frowns and steps in front of Leon, as if she's defending him from me. I swallow and know this is a losing battle, especially since Leon hasn't said another word, he hasn't even lifted his head.

I feel myself falling apart and I refuse to do it in front of anyone, so I do the best thing I can. I run.

I don't even know where I'm going, I pass a few undead but don't shoot, I turn down a corridor and throw myself into a room as my knees buckle, I press my head to the floor as I sob, not just from the feelings of betrayal but everything that's happened tonight.

The city burning. People being ripped apart and coming back from the dead. Losing everyone we've tried to save.

I break apart for only a short time until I force myself to be okay again, now isn't the time to do this. I wipe my eyes as I look around, there's a massive glass window in front of me showing some kind of garden, a person in a yellow hazmat suit is literally sandwiched between a crack in the glass, but in his hand is a glowing purple wristband that I- we- need.

I stand up on shaky legs, holstering my gun as I sniffle and take a few deep breaths. As soon as I step forward the door behind me bursts open and I spin around to see a frantic looking Leon searching the room, as soon as he sees me in the shadows he opens his hands out and walks towards me.

My breath catches as I see his watery eyes, he's on the verge of tears and u want to feel angry, but deep down I don't. Not at him. Leon and I have been together for a couple of years, and somehow I know he'd never cheat on me, and that he really was telling the truth about Ada kissing him.

"I'm so sorry..." Leon says, his voice breaking as his lip wobbles. I nod and meet him halfway, Leon practically pulls me into his chest as his arms squeeze me close, I can feel his whole body trembling as I feel his warmth.

"I didn't mean to hit you, I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was doing in the moment and-" I break off as Leon shushes me, he leads me over to a bench as we sit side by side, his arm around my middle as I lean against him as much as he leans against me.

"I swear on my fucking life that I didn't kiss back, I didn't even touch her. We were talking about getting the sample and Ada told me how she relied on me, at first I thought she was going to break down but then she kissed me and I immediately pulled back." Leon mumbles.

"Why didn't you tell her we're together?" I whisper.

Leon shrugs a shoulder but winces at his wound. "I didn't trust her, I didn't want her to somehow use you against me or something."

I don't reply. I mean it makes sense, and I guess it's a two way thing, I didn't exactly explicitly stake my claim or anything. "Okay," I breathe out, "I believe you."

Leon grabs my hand, linking our fingers together as his other hand reaches up and cups my cheek, I lean into his touch as he closes the space between us, kissing me gently but deeply. I reach a hand behind his neck, deepening the kiss as he lets out a small groan and pulls away. "You're the only person in the world I would ever want to be with, there's nobody else who could ever replace you." Leon whispers, tracing my lip with his thumb.

My lips tilt as I press my forehead against his, "Are we good?"

"Yeah. Apart from that guy there, he doesn't look to be in the best shape." Leon mumbles, gesturing at the guy at the window.

I can't help but laugh, then stand up and grab Leon's hand. I head for the door to the odd garden lab room but Leon stops and pulls on my hand to stop me. "Don't kill me for this but we still need her help to get the sample and get out of here."

I let out a sigh of frustration, "I know, but if she tries anything again I swear I'll shove her right into the arms of the undead."

Leon frowns at my violent threat and doesn't reply, but it doesn't piss me off, if anything I'm glad he's the better person out of the both of us. With that we go into the lab together, another obstacle defeated and onto the next one.

Half an hour later we reunite with Ada after having successfully killed some zombies and got the level three wristband. She opens her mouth to say something to Leon, ignoring me, but Leon doesn't listen. He suddenly grabs my waist and crashes his lips to mine possessively, I melt under his touch, my hands finding his hair as Leon chuckles and pulls back with a goofy smile.

I pant as Leon proudly says "I love you."

I grin and snake an arm around his middle, "I love you too." I finally look at Ada who's averted her eyes, "Should we get a move on?" I ask.

Leon nods and takes the lead, leaving me and Ada to scowl at each other. "He's mine." I mumble to her as her eyes track Leon, then plastering on a smile I follow my boyfriend.