Jokes| Preference

Leon hates tension and dealing with his emotions, eventually he's an avoider, he does anything he can to prevent from reacting or dealing with the issue at hand.

This is where his coping mechanism of making jokes comes in. His job doesn't allow him to let out that goofy side he has, so he's forced to act casual and like a solider, but deep down he's playful.

He makes terrible jokes, usually it's to make the dark situation lighter or calm himself down, or others if he senses fear or sadness. If he's feeling too much or something is bringing up some trauma, he jokes to make it easier to deal with, it's better to laugh at it than for him to dwell and become depressed or angry.

Occasionally he just jokes because he can and wants to, this is usually when he's off duty and is with you, he honestly is terrible at jokes and they're always so cheesy, but somehow it just works for him and you end up laughing anyway, he gets a little offended when you don't laugh with him since it's one of his love languages, he pokes your cheek when you're holding in a smile, cooing at you until the dam breaks and you grin.

Leon adores making you laugh, it's like honey when he hears you snort and giggle, even if you sound like Pumba. He teases you a lot and often hugs you after, really he's just a softie with a childish attitude, but he's forced to bury it deep down whilst he's on a job.

When you sometimes pop a joke Leon is beyond words, he smirks or chuckles and rolls his eyes, fluffing your hair up as he mumbles something about a good attempt, but inside he's just thinking of how adorable you are and how he wants to kiss you so badly.