Horror and Hugs| Imagine

Leon smiles as he puts on the movie, I hesitantly sit on the couch, not wanting to admit I still don't like horror movies even after months of dating.

"This one's supposed to be terrifying." He grins, passing me the popcorn as he turns out the lights and takes the place next to me, too eager to be cuddly.

The eerie music begins mixed with a high pitched scream, and I already feel my nerves fraying. Throughout the movie, I try to secretly look away from the screen, purposely missing the scary parts so I don't seem like I'm scared for my life. I lean closer and closer to him, pretending to be clingy when in actual fact I'm hiding away.

Leon doesn't notice though, he's too busy grabbing handfuls of popcorn from my bowl and shoving them into his mouth as he watches, wincing every so often as his lips tilt up. I'm surprised he even likes these movies considering his job, though I guess the monsters don't seem as scary on screen compared to the ones he's faced.

Everything suddenly goes silent, thinking it's safe I look up at the screen, just in time to see a gory and bone chilling child grinning sadastically. I shriek and jump out of my skin, the popcorn flies into the air and rains down on us as I throw myself into Leon's lap, my face buried into his neck.

Leon is quiet as he pauses the movie, then begins laughing. At first it's a chuckle, until it then grows into a full on snort and giggle. I frown and lean back, shaking a little from the rush of adrenaline.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly once he calms down, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I avoid his eyes and nod, feeling embarrassed.

"It was just- scary." I mumble, biting my lip as I look at the mess of popcorn, luckily it's not too much since Leon's been gobbling the whole bowl.

"Babe?" Leon coos, one hand reaches out and gently turns my face towards him. "Why haven't you told me you don't like horror movies?" He asks with a small smile.

My eyes widen momentarily, but then I discover its no use lying to him anyone. With a heavy sigh, I begin. "I didn't want you to think I'm a coward or anything, and I know you like watching them..."

Leon shakes his head once, his thumb gently strokes my cheekbone. "I would have watched something else, I just wanted you to feel like you could be honest with me."

I shrug as we sit in silence, feeling awkward I begin to stand up, but Leon's arm pulls me back down and he squeezes me close to him. "Oh no you don't, you're mine now, I've got a duty to protect you until you're feeling okay again."

I let out a small laugh and raise my eyebrows at him. "Really? I'm surprised you didn't think this was a ploy for me to get closer to you"

Leon gives me a pointed look as one side of his mouth darts up. "Maybe it was and you're just really good at acting."

I pull a face and laugh it off. "Yeah? Well maybe you just put on the scariest movie just to-" I begin, but Leon cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine.

I gasp and wrap my arms around him, pulling him down until I'm on my back with Leon hovering above me, one of his hands cupping the back of my head as the other grips my chin.

"You taste like popcorn." I whisper between the kiss, Leon smirks as his hand moves from my chin all the way down my body, until he finds my waist.

"And you taste like Heaven." He murmurs, kissing me deeper, the movie long forgotten...