Intel PT 3 | Imagine

AN: You must read the previous two parts for this final part to make sense♡
-----------------------------------------------------------

I roll my eyes as we head back outside, checking to see if the staff are okay. Leon doesn't leave my side, as if he's worried I'll leave again.

Now isn't the time to tell him I'm planning on staying, but when Chris suggests we drive to a nearby hotel to rest up and wait for our backup to bring us weapons and supplies, I force a nod and let go of Leon's hand.

The drive is awkward, I sit in the passenger seat this time, with Leon in the back. Within minutes he's asleep, probably thanks to the amount of alcohol he's consumed today alone, lord knows how much he's had last night, or the many nights before since I left him.

"So, you regretting tagging along yet?" Chris asks as he drives. I glance in the mirror to see Leon's face squashed against the window, I bite back a smile as I shrug.

"It doesn't matter now, I'm here and so is Leon, but..." I lead off, not wanting to say how whilst we've gained help to take down Arias, we've also lost Rebecca. Temporarily, I scold myself.

Chris nods in understanding, his knuckles whiten as he grips the steering wheel harder. I think he blames himself for letting Rebecca out of sight, but it's not like we could keep an eye on her every second of the day.

By the time we arrive at some run down hotel it's dusk, the last rays of daylight disappear behind the distant city skyline. Leon wakes up as soon as the car stops, his eyes dart around as if he's panicking, but when they land on me he sighs and his shoulders slump.

We all head to the reception, book two rooms and go our separate ways. I go to my room as Leon and Chris head to theirs, leaving me to simmer in my thoughts and feelings. I knew today wouldn't be easy, but I didn't realise it'd be a total shitshow. I'm glad Leon doesn't hate me though, if anything he seems more desperate to talk to me, maybe he has changed...

A knock at the door stops me midway through undressing, just wearing my jeans and a tank top I grab my gun and head to the door, opening it a slip to reveal Leon standing there with two travel cups of coffee. "Room service?" He smiles, my heart skips a beat at the familiar smile, it's the same one he used to give me when he was flirting with me, or when he used to say something stupid and me up for it with that fucking smile.

"I guess I can't just take the coffee and shove you out, can I?" I sigh, opening the door for Leon to come in. He passes me the coffee, I sip smiling at the perfect sweetness, seems like he remembered how many sugars I take.

"How's the head?" I ask, walking to the window and surveying outside, since Rebecca's kidnap I've been on edge.

"I'll live," Leon shrugs, perching on the edge of the bed facing me, "honestly it's my heart that hurts more."

I roll my eyes as I turn to face him. "So we're talking about it then?" I sigh, pursing my lips together.

Leon scoffs, "Well yeah, you can't just admit you still love me then leave it at that, I mean, what if I got shot and died, you'd feel like-"

A wave of anger boils up in me mixed with a sudden burst of sadness. "Don't fucking joke about shit like that." I snap, storming towards him and whacking him on the shoulder, not enough to hurt but he still drops the sarcasm.

"Alright, I'm sorry." Leon whispers as I stand between his legs, he stares up at me and slowly each of his hands reach for my own limp ones, I let him weave our fingers together as he pulls me down onto his lap, his arms wrap around me as I bury my head into his shoulder, inhaling the scent I used to wake up to every morning.

"You're such a asshole," I mutter, finally after all this time letting out the truth, "You chose drink over me, even when I asked you not to, we went through the same shit, but you still couldn't deal with it."

Leon nods as tears fill my eyes. "I know, I'm so sorry, I didn't know I'd lose you to it." He murmurs, genuinely sounding regretful. "I just...I thought that if I could find a way to escape the memories then I could finally be the man you deserve."

The tears finally roll down my cheeks as I grip him tighter, Leon rubs my back as I cry, his breathing speeds up and I think he's holding back tears too. "You didn't need to change a single thing Leon, those memories will always be with us, but we should've dealt with them together."

He nods and leans back, his hand reaches up to cup my wet cheek. "I know that now, fuck I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too, I should never have left." I whisper as his eyes dart to my lips, I lick my lips as I lean into him, then suddenly we're kissing as if it's for the first time. Leon groans as my hands pull him closer to me, our mouths move together in sync, there's barely an inch between our bodies and even that feels like a mile.

"Stop," I murmur, Leon immediately freezes and pulls back, "how will I know it won't be the same as before?"

Leon takes my face into his hands as he rolls us over, I'm on my back as Leon hovers over me. "Because I won't let it, I can't live with losing you again, so I'll do whatever it takes, and we'll do it together."

I nod and wrap my legs around him as Leon begins to desperately pull at my clothing, an hour later I'm lying naked beside Leon, panting from the numerous rounds of make up sex we've just had. I prop myself up on an elbow as Leon's finger lazily draws circles on the side of my thigh. A breeze from the open window blows my hair, making Leon smile.

"So, after all this I'm thinking we should finally get married?" Leon smirks, I whack his chest playfully and lean down, kissing his neck and sighing happily.

"If we survive this, then I think I'll survive a lifetime with you." I nod as Leon chuckles and tickles me.