Wrong Impression| Imagine

I check the time on my phone again, seeing that it's coming up to nearly three in the morning. I'm past the point of worried, but at the same time I know Leon can take care of himself.

The door opens and I stand up right away, eager to finally see Leon and find out where the hell he's been, but as he stumbles through the door and knocks into the wall I know exactly what's up.

"You're drunk," I sigh as I walk over to him, he looks up and squints at me before grinning and opening his arms for a hug.

"Come here baby, you're so sexy." He slurs.

Normally when we'd go out together I'd find it amusing, but since I know he's only drinking his feelings away I'm not happy about it, if anything I'm just disappointed he didn't talk to me again.

"Leon I thought we agreed you'd talk to me about shit, not get wasted and hope to pass out somewhere." I say with a frown.

His smile drops as he purses his lips. "I'm sorry I gave you the wrong impression, maybe you should just get away from me whilst you still can."

His words sting but I know he's just trying to be defensive, I know he wants the best for me and thinks so little of himself, and I hate that he struggles to rely on people just because others have used him in the past.

"I don't want to get away from you Leon, we're supposed to be partners, I just want you to know that you can trust me, I'm sure I'm a better therapist than a hangover." I murmur as I step closer to him, his head droops to the floor so I cup his cheek, Leon leans into my touch and looks up at me with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry, I fucked up again." He whispers as his voice cracks. I shake my head and lean my forehead to his.

"We all make mistakes, just promise me you'll let me know when things get bad again, I can't keep staying up worried sick about you." I say.

Leon nods harshly as his blue eyes meet mine, "I swear it, I'll try harder, for us. For me."

I give him a small smile and wrap his arm around my shoulders, we manage to get into the bedroom where he finally collapses onto the bed. He lets out a long sigh as I take his shoes off.

I quickly get a glass of water and some painkillers to put on the side since he'll probably need them in the morning, then I climb onto my side of the bed, sitting up as I lean against the headboard.

Leon scoots over and rests his head on my lap, his arm draped over my thighs as he closes his eyes. I stroke his hair comfortingly and I can feel his body relax.

"I'm sorry I'm broken, I never used to be." He whispers.

I stiffen for a second before leaning down to look at him, "Don't ever say that, you're not broken, you've just been through a lot."

Leon nuzzles his head into my lap and kisses my thigh lovingly, "Can you talk about something, anything really I just want to hear your voice."

I huff a laugh and lean back to get comfy. "Alright, I was watching this movie earlier about some guy who-"

After a few minutes Leon's light snores fill the room, with a smile I turn off the lamp and wrap the covers over us, my hand still in Leon's hair as I fall asleep.