Missing My Roommate| Imagine

I sigh as I flick through the TV channels, but nothing interests me, I glance over at the empty spot on the couch as my mind drifts to my roommate Leon, he's once again on a night shift working for the RPD and I know he's more than capable. In fact at least once a week he brags about how he graduated top of the academy, but usually I just stick my tongue out and turn away.

I'm worried about him, lately there have been some odd murders and apparent cannibal attacks in the city, and Leon being Leon wants to be assigned to the case, insisting he can help or be a fresh set of eyes to the crime scene photos and evidence. Deep down I know he's got it all handled, but that doesn't stop the gnawing feeling of panic that resides in me everything he leaves for work, wondering if it's his last day. I care about him too much to admit, maybe even love but he doesn't know that, and I don't think he feels the same.

I sigh once more and let out a yawn, I check my phone for the time and shrug to myself, getting up and checking the doors and windows before heading to bed, I stop by Leon's room which is opposite mine, wondering if I should cave in again tonight...

No I can't, this is a habit I need to drop.

I force myself to get into my own bed, snuggling under the covers until the nightmares come.

Leon POV:

I climb the stairs leading to my apartment, exhausted from the boring night of paperwork. Luckily I was sent home early thanks to my near perfect organisation skills and desperation to show everyone I can do a good job since I'm new. Normally I'd refuse to leave early, but for once I took the opportunity, hoping that maybe I could get a few extra hours of sleep in.

I unlock the door and step into the darkness, making my way to my room sluggishly. I flick on the light but immediate freeze as I see a figure under my duvet in my bed. I look around, searching for any sign of danger or break in, but then again who the fuck would break in just to sleep in my bed.

I glance at my roommates door, seeing it open a crack, then turn the light off before I carefully move closer to the bed. The figure shifts slightly and the duvet falls, revealing my roommate snoring peacefully, I should be confused or maybe pissed, but the first thought that comes to mind is how adorable she looks clinging onto my pillow.

I stand still for a second, looking back and fourth beteeen the door and her sleeping form. Should I wake her? Surely she knew she was in the wrong room when she came in, so why is she here?

I'm still not overly bothered, but I am tired, so without anymore contemplation I begin to undress and slip on my pyjama bottoms before strategically slipping into the bed beside her. Her head moves and a slip of hair covers her face, her nose crinkles and in a moment of madness I reach out and brush it away. A small smile tilts her lips as she nuzzles back into the pillow, her hand relaxing again now her sleep isn't disturbed.

"You know, you're actually in my spot." I softly mumble to her, my eyes can't seem to stop watching her in peace, she's beautiful and a feeling of awe washes over me, I'm so lucky to have her.

As a roommate, I remind myself.

As if sensing my presence, she rolls over and moves closer to me, pressing her forehead against my bare chest. I stiffen but relax as her snores continue, a small laugh escapes my lips as I wrap an arm around her middle, holding her close to me. I have no idea what's taken over me, but all I know is that I'm enjoying this.

I lean my chin against her head, closing my eyes as I take a deep breath and let it out, my body begins to slacken. "You're gonna freak out in the morning." I whisper to her, she lets out a small sound as if agreeing but she's still asleep. Minutes later I'm falling asleep.

Y/N POV:

My eyes slowly open as I snuggle into the warmth more, I've never felt so comfy in my life. All of a sudden I stiffen as I realise I'm still in Leon's bed, and even worse he's here with me.

Fuck, what was I thinking?
Even worse, why did he let me stay?

I try to unravel myself from his arm, his breath gently blows on the top of my head as he groans and pulls me closer. Embarrassment washes over me and I decide to do this the easy way, at least for now.

I quickly roll over and sit up, dizziness coats my vision for a second before I try to stand up, but Leon reaches out an arm and wraps it around my middle, yanking me back on the bed so I land on my back with an oomf.

"Where do you think you're off to?" He deeply asks, his morning voice raspy yet extremely sedutive. I blush as I try to explain.

"I-I had a nightmare, you weren't here so I came to the closest thing I could, I'm usually gone by the time you get back- wait fuck, I mean I don't usually..." I sigh as I realise I'm rambling and failing.

Leon chuckles as he shakes his head, moving closer to me his hand rests near my hip, his fingers dance on my skin as he mumbles "Glad that cleared things up, but I asked where are you going."

I swallow. "To my own bed?"

Leon purses his lips for a second before replying "What if I want you to stay?"

My eyes widen as I look at him, a small smile curves his lips as his half lidded blue eyes watch for my response. "Then I'll stay."

He nods and rolls over, half laying on me as his head rests on my chest. I freeze until he closes his eyes, then I hesitantly reach out and begin to play with his hair. He groans and lets out a contended sigh, his body relaxes once again as I smile and close my own eyes, basking in the pure bliss.