Near Heart Attack| Imagine

There's too many zombies and I've not got enough ammo, so I do the best thing I can think of. I run.

I dart through alleyways and over gates but the undead always catch up, multiplying by the minute. I swear this city is cursed.

One zombie makes me jump by springing out of a corner and it tackles me to the floor, I grunt as I kick it, but the undead feel no such things and my energy goes wasted. More approach as I try to push it off of me, avoiding the snapping teeth with bits of flesh has me stressed enough.

Just as I think I'm going to die, a familiar voice calls out from behind the horde. "Hey assholes, try this all you can eat!"

I finally manage to roll the zombie over until I'm straddling it, then grab my knife and jam it through its eye. It flops down just as strong arms tackle me to the ground, seconds later there's an explosion and bits of zombie fly everywhere like fucked up confetti.

Blue eyes pierce into mine angrily whilst blood rains down. "I'm so fucking angry at you." Leon growls before smashing his lips to mine in a quick but heated kiss.

He rolls off of me and stands up, pulling me up with him. I grab my weapons from the floor as I sheepishly smile up at him. "Hi to you too?"

Leon glares at me for a second until his eyes soften. "Why the hell did you leave without me, you gave me a near heart attack"

I shrug up a shoulder as we begin to walk side by side away from the carnage. "I thought you deserved a break, I had it handled."

Leon quirks an eyebrow. "Really, because it seemed like you needed me."

I pinch my fingers together and shove them near his face playfully. "Just a teeny tiny bit, and I guess you're here now so no vacation for you."

Leon sighs as he grabs my hand and links our fingers together. "I don't need a vacation if you're not there. Now what the fuck are we actually supposed to be doing here?"

I stop in my tracks and give him a pointed look. "Are you serious?"

Leon's eyes widen slightly as he shakes his head in confusion. "All I know is you left without me so I came to find you."

"We're supposed to be eliminating the mutants making their way through the subway."

Leon's mouth opens and closes as he looks back at the undead pile up. "I probably should've brought more explosives."

I let out a sound between a laugh and a sigh before tugging him along. "Come on, we'll just go in guns blazing as usual."

"That's my girl." He fondly chuckles.