Fast Food Feelings| Imagine

Leon links his fingers with mine once I get out of the car, he shuts the door for me and leads me to the entrance of the fast food restaurant, gesturing out a hand as he lets me go first through the door.

The restaurant is pretty empty other than a couple of people since it's late at night, but Leon and I have been busy with work and helping Claire with a few things.

"Where should we sit?" I ask Leon as he looks around, he doesn't reply verbally, leading me to a table in the corner with a view of the nightlit car park. Leon sits opposite me and plucks up a menu.

"I'll just go order up front." I say after a few minutes.

Leon nods and I stand up, but he grabs my hand before I can walk away, slipping some money into it. I open my mouth to argue but he gives me a pointed look, so I smile at him and turn away, heading for the counter.

I order our food and drinks, leaning on the counter as I wait for it to be prepared. Leon watches me like a hawk, so I blow him a kiss until an employee clears their throat behind me.

"Thank you." I politely say, taking the food and drinks. Once I'm back at the table I start unpacking the food, slipping Leon his order before then setting mine out in front of me, feeling slightly self conscious about how much I've ordered.

"Cheers." He grins tilting up his milkshake, I laugh and clink my soda with his, hoping he doesn't take much notice of my food.

As soon as I take one bite, I realise how hungry I actually am. I practically inhale my meal, eating every single tiny bit until I'm finished faster than Leon. I let out a small burp, my eyes widening as he looks up at me and laughs.

"I'm guessing you were hungry?" He asks, quirking up an eyebrow.

It's a simple question but I'm thrown off guard. I suddenly feel awkward and worried about what he might think, I cross my arms to cover my body, looking down at the table.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have ate so much."

Leon frowns tilting his head, he puts down his burger and wipes his hand on a paper napkin before lifting two fingers under my chin.

"I don't know why you're apologising for eating, and I don't want to know who ever made you feel that way, you're perfect the way you are, I'll never judge you for shit like that," Leon softly murmurs, I meet his blue eyes as he gives me a small smile, he then adds "besides, I'm impressed with how fast you ate all that, I've never loved you more."

I smile back, mumbling a "Thank you I guess, I love you too."

Leon nods once, then glances at the menu. "We definitely need dessert though, I mean it'd be rude not to."

I hold back a grin as he finishes his burger then reaches for the dessert menu.