Unharmed| Imagine

It's the desperate murmurs that wake me up first, by the time I've sat up and begun to stroke Leon's hair, the kicking and rolling about begins, his fists clenched in the sheets.

"Shhh, it's okay, I'm here, you're safe." I say softly like a mantra, it's practically become one at this point. Tears fill my eyes as I realise this is the third time this week Leon's had a nightmare. With his job and the things he's seen, I can't fault him for it, I mean I was in Raccoon City too.

He shoots up sitting straight, his head swivels around as if he's looking for someone. As soon as his blue eyes settle on me his face relaxes slightly. I immediately pull him close to me as he shakes, his sweaty head nuzzles into my neck as I rub his back, I wrap my legs around him too, knowing the weight brings him a sense of stability.

"You're at home, you're with me, you're safe and unharmed." I whisper as he grips me. We're both silent for some time, until Leon feels ready to loosen his grip on me. Usually he hides his panic and fear, but on occasions like this he's grown use to my support and has opened up to me.

"I'm sorry, I just- I can't-" He breaks off as his voice cracks. My face crumples but I keep it together for him, I have to be strong.

"I know, I know. Wanna talk about it?" I ask, knowing his answer already. This times different though, because Leon sits up again and grabs his cup of water, gulping it down.

In the dim room, Leon begins to tell me about his nightmare. "It always starts with Raccoon City, they're everywhere, the undead, then I hear you screaming for help, and I try to find you, but I can't, not until it's too late and you're lying there on the floor-" Leon shudders, "You're there on the floor writhing in pain, a bite on your arm  and then the zombies come for me and then I wake up."

By the time he's done tears are slipping down my cheeks, so I hastily wipe them away and crawl in front of him on the bed. "I wish I could do anything to get these nightmares to stop Leon, and I hate we went through that, I get nightmares too, but hey, at least we found each other right?"

Leon gives me a small watery smile, "I'm glad I found you, you know I'd die if it meant keeping you safe."

I nod and climb onto his lap, straddling him as I cup his cheeks between my hands. "I love you Leon, more than you could ever know."

Leon presses his lips to mine, tasting of peppermint, "I love you too Y/N."

We kiss and collide until Leon forgets for a while.

-------------------------------------------------------

The next time I wake up, the sunlight is streaming through the curtains and the atmosphere feels lighter than it did last night.

I inhale, noticing how Leon's arm is still wrapped around my waist. The time tells me that I should wake up, so with a heavy sigh I begin to slip out of bed.

However, Leon's arm squeezes me tight so I can't move. "Please don't go, not yet."

"We've got a meeting with some other agents at noon." I murmur, turning around and facing Leon. His hair flops over his eyes, so I brush it away gently and smile.

"We've still got hours yet, let's have a litttle lie in." Leon deeply says, pulling me to his bare chest.

I give in since I'm tired and desperate to be with him. "Okay, I'll stay."

Leon grins and closes his eyes, pressing a kiss to my temple before he rolls onto me and kisses my neck, his hands roam my naked sides and begin tickling me. I laugh and wrap my legs around him.

"Stop, I'm gonna pee!" I breathe out, Leon stops and stares at me from above, then leans down and kisses me slowly.

"Go pee then, and come back right away." He tells me. I slip out of bed and grab his tee, pulling it over my head as I give him a salute.

"Yes sir." I smirk. Leon's eyebrows shoot to the roof as he gives me a look telling me he liked that. As I walk to the bathroom Leon whistles, so I playfully flip him off as I blush.