Come Home To You| Imagine

Today's the day Leon comes home, he's been gone a few weeks on a mission, and though he's left before, I've never missed him so much.

I lie in our bed, pyjamas already on since it's pretty late. I knew he would be coming back tonight, I just didn't anticipate it being at this hour. I yawn for the millionth time as I eagerly wait for him.

I hear the front door open and close, and my heart kicks up a notch. I wiggle my toes from anticipation, curisng internally as the seconds that pass feel like hours.

Finally, the bedroom door opens and he walks in, looking tired but shocked to see me awake. "Y/N." He breathes out, putting down his duffel bag as I leap off the bed, running at him and wrapping my arms around his neck breathing him in.

"I missed you so much!" I mumble as his arms wrap around me tight, he buries his face into my hair and inhales.

"I missed you too babe, all I could think about is coming home to my love." He murmurs, kissing my temple.

I lean back and grab his hand, pulling him onto the bed. Leon sits first so I climb onto his lap as his arm wraps around my waist. "How was it? I mean, are you okay?"

Leon nods but looks reluctant to talk, "Same as usual, zombies, monsters and crazy scientists who wanna get rich. I'm alright though, I just wish I could have a vacation."

I nod understandably "I wish the virus would just disappear, especially after Racc- you know." I lead off, letting out a sleepy yawn and Leon does the same.

"Yeah, I'm well overdue for a twenty four hour nap." Leon chuckles, undressing and climbing into bed as I get comfy. He wraps the duvet over us as I turn off the lamp.

His arm trails under my head as his other wraps around my middle, his hand grazes my stomach and I push back, moulding into the curves of his body completely.

"After everything I've seen and done, I'm so glad I get to come home to you." Leon whispers into my neck.

I turn into the pillow and kiss his hand. "I'm glad you come home at all, I love you." I whisper back. Leon squeezes me closer as he sighs contentedly, basking in our closeness.