Reasons | Imagine

"Hey Leon?" I ask as he lies beside me on the bed, his arm is draped around my waist so I turn to face him, seeing his eyes closed.

"Hmmm?" He sleepily asks, giving my hips a squeeze as I snuggle closer to him. I debate for a second if I should ask, but I'm too curious and Leon's always said I can ask him anything.

"Do you think I should become an agent like you?" I shyly ask, biting my lip. Leon's eyes pop open, narrowing on me as he sits up.

"Did someone ask you to? Why would you want to?" He demands, I frown and sit up too, crossing my arms at his accusing tone.

"No, but I thought we could be together more if-"  I begin, but Leon stops me with a cruel laugh.

"No." He bluntly says.

"No?" I repeat, arching a brow as he lets out a long breath, looking away towards the window and gazing out at the beautifully lit up city beyond, nighttime never seems to affect this place.

"That's what I said, no." Leon says, getting out of bed and walking to the window, keeping his back to me he adds "I never wanted to be an agent, I was...coerced into it. The shit I see...I never want you to go through the same things."

"You think I can't take it?" I ask, now I'm the one getting angry.

Leon shakes his head as he turns to me, leaning his back against the wall as he runs a hand over his face. "I know you're stronger than everyone thinks, but you're too good for it. You try save one person and a hundred others die, it's exhausting."

I slowly stand up, approaching Leon hesitantly before I wrap my arms around him. He eventually hugs me back, burying his face into my shoulder. I notice he's shaking slightly, so I squeeze him tighter. "I never knew you felt that way," I softly murmur, "I'm sorry for bringing it up."

Leon pulls away, his hands linger on me as he reaches up and brushes some hair behind my ear, he gives me a small half smile. "Everyone expects me to be tough agent Leon, the guy who survived Raccoon City and countless other attacks, but with you I feel I can let my guard down, you know? I just don't want you to get hurt around me."

I shake my head and lean into his touch, "I won't, but you're right, I don't think I could follow orders very well." I grin, Leon's smike grows as he suddenly scoops me up and carries me back to bed, I laugh as he holds me to his chest and collapses onto his back with me on top. I try to wriggle away but he's got a hold on me, and there's no escape.

"Nope, you're mine now. You should've just let me sleep, now you've gotta deal with the going back to sleep cuddles." He chuckles.

"Going back to sleep cuddles?" I laugh as his hands gently tickle my sides.

"Yep," he murmurs into my ear playfully, "You've gotta stay right here."

I smile, resting my hand on his chest as my leg hooks over his, "Alright" I whisper, "I'll always be here, whenever you need me."

Leon lets out a sound of approval, "I know, it's one of the reasons I love you."

How many reasons do you have?" I softly tease, tracing a scar on his shoulder as his breathing begins to even out.

"Loads, I'll write you a list when you need an ego boost." He mumbles with a smile.

I scoff and roll my eyes, smiling as I begin to fall asleep.