Story Of My Life| Imagine

I toss and turn on my bunk, the snores of my fellow comrades keep me awake to the point where I'm not even tired.

I sit up, careful to not make too much noise as I pull on my boots and grab my jacket, then carefully sneak out of the room. I turn back one last time to see a glimpse of my best friend awake and staring at me, I press my finger over my lips and she nods.

The corridors used to be awkward to follow, with so many doorways and crossroads, but now I've learned where to go and what cameras to look out for, I find it easy to navigate my way outside into the woods behind where most of our training takes place. The government agnency has a habit of torturing us with all weather workouts.

My boots barely crunch on the leaves, my stealthily training comes in handy at times, at least that I can be thankful for.

"Trying to run away?" A familiar voice says from behind me. I spin around with my fists raised, my heart pounds until I see Leon smiling at me.

"You know I wouldn't get far without them catching me." I reply as he walks over to me.

I continue walking nowhere with Leon at my side, both of us silent as the trees surround us, the moonlight shines bright illuminating our way, until a stream blocks our path, the steady water calls me, so I sit down and take a deep breath, enjoying the night air.

Leon follows, sitting beside me as he runs a hand through his hair. "Why'd you join the agency?" I blurt out, feeling embarrassed after.

Leon looks at me with an expression of sarcasm. "Would you believe me if I said for fun?"

I bite back a laugh, shaking my head.

Leon nods. "Didn't think so. I wasn't exactly a willing participant, it was more like...do it or someone I care about gets hurt."

My eyes widen slightly, realising we're in the same situation. "I get it," I mumble, avoiding his eyes as I watch the running water, "Maybe we're protecting the same person." I offer a small smile, Leon returns one and leans back on his hands.

"Guess we're both stuck then." He murmurs, pursing his lips together.

"Eh, I don't mind being stuck with you." I tease, nudging his shoulder with my own.

Leon's lips tilt into a half smile as he sits up, his hand reaches out and brushes a strand of hair away from my face. "You're not so bad yourself, apart from your temper, we've gotta work on that."

I bite back a grin. "It was one wall Kennedy, I'm sure they can fix it."

Leon's eyes fix onto mine, and I can't look away, I don't want to look away. Suddenly his lips are on mine and my hands are wrapped around the back of his neck, his arms pull me onto his lap and I end up straddling him, deepening the kiss from this new angle.

Leon groans as I pull away, as if he doesn't want it to end. "We should get back," I sigh, standing up and offering a hand.

Leon nods then pulls me in for another quick kiss. We walk back together hand in hand, sneaking past the cameras until Leon stops at my door.

"Same time tomorrow night?" He suggests wiggling his eyebrows.

I hesitate, "Maybe," I tease as I reach up and kiss his cheek, "or maybe not."

"Story of my life." Leon huffs with a smile, backing away as I shoo him off, smiling the whole time.