I Didn't Mind It| Imagine

I aim for the head and shoot at the approaching undead, but I miss and hit the shoulder. I glance to see Leon fighting a few zombies a distance away, his blue eyes flick to mine and he mouths something.

Thanks to my distraction the zombie in front of me leaps onto me as I fall backwards, landing half on the road as I push it back, but these damn things are harder to kill than they used to be, they're stronger.

"Fuck. Off." I grit, using all my strength to push it away enough so I can reach for my knife in my boot, I pull it out and shove it through the zombies head, the blood spurts onto me and I close my eyes and mouth, my body finally loses strength and the now properly dead zombie collapses onto me.

"Y/N!" Leon shouts desperately as I try to wriggle from under the full weight of the undead, my hand reaches out and I feel Leon grab it, pulling me out as he kicks the zombie away.

Panting I scoot back right into Leon's waiting arms, my body shakes as I finally realise that I almost died. Tears fill my eyes but Leon doesn't give me time to be upset, he pulls back and cups my face with both hands, his eyes scan me from head to toe.

"Did it get you?" He asks stiffly whilst still crouched beside me. I shake my head and watch as his shoulders slump in relief, he finally nods and pulls me back to him, his arms wrap around me and squeeze as his chin rests on my head.

"You've gotta learn to be more careful, you almost fucking died." He snaps, but then softly adds, "I'm sorry, you just scared me, if anything happened to you I don't think I could-" He breaks off with a shuddery sigh.

"It's okay, I'm sorry, you're right I need more training." I mumble, taking a deep breath and standing up.

Leon follows, his arm still holds onto mine as he quickly leans down and presses a kiss to my lips. It's unexpected but not unwanted. As soon as I gasp from the contact he pulls away from me, creating a distance between us.

"Shit, I'm sorry," he begins, but I smile and put my hand on his arm, turning him around.

"It's okay, I didn't mind it." I say, earning a small half smile from Leon.

He nods until we hear moans from more zombies approaching, Leon grabs my hand and drags me into the nearest building.