Going Away| Imagine

"Come on, let's go out for dinner." Leon smiles, holding out his hand, but I shake my head feeling somber.

"I don't feel like it, can we have a night in instead? I just want to spend some time with you before..." I lead off, hating how sad I sound. Leon's leaving me tomorrow morning for a mission, he'll be gone a week and though he's left before, it never gets easier.

"Alright sweetie," Leon softly murmurs as he wraps his arms around me, I snuggle into his warmth, inhaling his comforting scent before he pulls away and heads for the kitchen, already pulling out ingredients to cook something.

I sit at the counter and watch him work, every so often Leon comes over to me and pecks my forehead, cracking silly jokes that make me smile, but I know deep down he knows I'm feeling upset.

Leon and I have a nice meal together, chatting about nothing in particular before he pulls out a dessert and teases me about how my eyes light up. He holds up a fork full of cake, moving it towards my lips as he grins.

I smile and lean forward, taking a bite as he raises an eyebrow. "Good?"

I nod, but my eyes fill with tears. I'll miss this, I'm so worried about Leon and  I hate that he has to go away. Leon immediately comes over to my side, pulling me into him, I wrap my arms around him then my legs, Leon shushes me and picks me up, carrying me to the bedroom where he sits up in bed with me on his lap.

"It's only a week, you know I can take care of myself, I promise it'll be fine." Leon tries to calm me, but it doesn't work, the tears still fall.

His hand begins rubbing my back soothingly and it actually does relax me, my shoulders slump as I nod. "I know, I just miss you and your stupid jokes."

Leon leans back feigning offence, "Stupid?"

I roll my eyes, leaning my head up I press a kiss to his lips, at first it's gentle and meaningful but then it soon turns desperate. His hands reach for my clothes at the same time I push him onto his back, aching for skin to skin contact...

Sunlight fills the room as I crack open my eyes, I bury myself under the covers until I realise the arm that usually is wrapped around me is absent. I sigh and turn around to find the bed empty, only a bouquet of flowers and a box of fresh pastries lie there with a handwritten note from Leon.

'To the best girlfriend ever,
I know this is hard for you, it's hard for me too and I want you to know that I'll be thinking of you the whole time, I already miss you and I haven't even left yet. I love you so much, I know you worry so I'm telling you that I'll be fine, I've fought worse battles. I've stocked the cupboard full of your favourite snacks and there's a delivery due later on for some things you wanted. I can't wait to see you again, try not to have too much fun without me.
Love Leon.'

I smile, holding the letter to my chest as I turn on my back, I know Leon will be alright, and I will be to. Just seven days and I'll get to see those beautiful blue eyes again.