More Capable Than You Think| Imagine

Leon POV:

I shuffle in the armchair, my eyes scan the bookshelves of the office, counting the number of books per shelf, it's better then staring ahead at the other agents assigned to the team.

"What are we even waiting for?" One man asks, he's slightly older than me and looks like an asshole, even the way he speaks seems egotistical.

"One more agent is supposed to be arriving." A woman mumbles, briefly looking up from her nails before going back to filing them.

"As if we need another one, who is it anyway?" The man scoffs, standing up as he crosses his arms. A rush of anger flares through me but I've got to control it, I'm supposed to be professional, but if says something about my girl-

"Y/N  Y/L/N, she's on her way back from a mission." I say, staring up at the man as his head turns to mine. His eyes narrow, a mix of disbelief and resentment appears.

"Her? Isn't there anyone else, did the government run out of good agent-" the man begins, but I'm already halfway across the room, shoving him against the wall with my arm to his throat.

"She's one of the best in this room and is more capable than you think, I suggest you think hard about what you have to say next about my fiancée." I grit out.

The man's eyes widen but a smug grin splits across his face, I press harder just as the door opens.

Y/N POV:

With a yawn I quickly straighten out my clothes, wiping away a smudge of mud on my jeans before opening the door, what I see isn't exactly what I expect.

My fiancé, Leon, has another agent pinned to the wall, though the man is taller and more built than Leon, my man's eyes still scream out murder.

"Should I come back later?" I ask with a smile, I figure they're both big boys who can sort their own problems out.

"Nah, we're done here, unless you have something to say?" Leon sarcastically asks the man. The man shakes his head reluctantly and Leon lets him go, backing away with one last glare before making his way over to me, I smile as Leon opens his arms and envelopes me into a hug. I wrap my arms around him as he quickly presses a kiss to my forehead.

"Everything go okay?" Leon asks softly, pulling away as he cups my cheek.

I nod, "Mission accomplished, though I would've liked more sleep and a longer shower before getting assigned to something else." I huff, pulling a face. Leon nods in understanding and wraps his arm around my shoulders as the other agents introduce themselves.

I smile politely and return the favour, the woman seems friendly but there's something off about the man, I think he said his name is Jason.

"So you're supposed to be coming with us? You don't look like you'll be much help." Jason frowns, his eyes scan me from head to toe as I blank at his obvious dislike.

Leon practically growls and steps forward but I pull him back and slide in front, keeping myself between the two. "Really? And what makes you think that?" I say sweetly.

Jason huffs a laugh, "You look ready to drop, and if you're with him then it means you'd got no common sense."

My smile drops at the insult. I nod and cross my arms, nudging Leon with my elbow as he tries to lunge. "You're right, I'm tired and hungry, but that's because I've just travelled for five hours on a helicopter from a small town where I saved fifty children from being sacrificed by assholes like yourself who think they're entitled to do whatever the fuck they want." I take a breath before continuing, "and about that common sense part," I smile before throwing my fist back then launching it square into his jaw.

Jason flies back but catches himself as Leon behind me begins to laugh, the other woman just smirks and sits down again, not phased at all, if anything I think she's on my side.

"You bitc-" Jason begins, but the door opens and some important looking men come in. Their eyes dart between us as they gesture for us to sit down. Leon pulls be beside him on a fancy couch as our briefing begins. I toy with my ring as I snuggle against Leon, letting out another yawn but hiding it behind my hand.

"That was pretty hot." Leon whispers into my ear as I playfully nudge him with my knee.

"Shut up," I smirk, but add "I know." Leon chuckles as the briefing continues. Afterwards were taken to our individual rooms where we can spend a few hours preparing before we're shipped out.

"I would drag you to bed to do very bad things to you," Leon deeply says behind me as I peel off my jacket, "but I can see how tired you are, and you need sleep."

Normally I'd argue and kiss him, but he's right. I nod as I peel off my clothes and have a quick shower as Leon finds me some food, after I collapse onto the bed and eat some food with Leon, talking about my mission and what he's been up to before we climb into bed, Leon sits up as I lie on his lap, his hand runs through my hair and I'm out within minutes.