The Bully (2)

Himiko spent the rest of the school day hiding in various trashcans throughout Hope's Peak Academy. Each period, Himiko would hide in a trashcan closer to the the entrance of the school, so that when the final bell rang, Himiko would bolt out of the trashcan nearest to the entrance and run right out of the school to make sure she avoided Nanako. When school let out, Himiko rushed out of school and headed back to Casa V3 without Nanako spotting her. Once Himiko burst through the front door of Casa V3, she quickly closed it behind her and paused to catch her breath. As she did, she could smell the garbage on herself.

   "Ew, I smell gross," she muttered. Suddenly, she gasped, remembering that Kokichi was going to talk to her after school let out. With that in mind, she decided to take a shower. She washed her body and hair twice, making sure to get the garbage smell off of her...and to impress Kokichi, of course. She even brushed her teeth and rinsed with mouthwash, just in case. Then, she sprayed herself with vanilla-scented body spray. She looked at herself in the mirror, checking her teeth, her face, her hair, and her clothes. Realizing what she was doing, she facepalmed.

   Nyeeehh...why am I doing all of this?! she thought to herself with frustration. He's just a boy! There's no need to think about him all the time! There's nothing special about him! It's not like he has...perfect lips, and...a cute, mischievous smile that makes me weak at the knees, or...beautiful, big, playful, purple eyes that I can see forever into, or...warm fingers that caress my skin and make me forget all my cares in the world! D'oh, who am I kidding?! I LOVE HIM!!!

   She sighed dreamily before composing herself. She opened the door and headed to her and Tenko's room to throw her dirty, stinky clothes into her dirty laundry basket. The others must have arrived home while she was in the shower because Kokichi was waiting for her as she walked in. 

   "Nyeh!! W-What are you doing in here?!" she stammered. She didn't expect him to be waiting in her room while she was showering. 

   "That's what I'd like to know, too!" Tenko growled from her side of the room, glaring at Kokichi. Kokichi gave Himiko a playful grin.

   "Awww...don't tell me you forgot about our meeting after school," he said. "I know you of all people wouldn't forget such a thing, Himiko!"

   "Wh-What's that supposed to mean?!" Himiko asked, trying not to blush. 

   "Don't worry, Himiko!" Tenko said, stepping up to Kokichi and grabbing his arm. "I'll throw this degenerate out for you!"

   "NO!!!" Himiko shouted, taking Tenko, and even Kokichi, by surprise. He smirked playfully at her. "Um...I mean...Kokichi and I have to do a, um...school project together. So...I have to work with him," she lied. 

   "I see," Tenko muttered, glowering at Kokichi while he merely gave her a bratty grin. 

   "Yeah, so if you'd be so kind as to leave us alone and let Himiko and me work together on our...project...? " Kokichi teased, waving his hand to Tenko as if shooing her away. 

   "Tuh...no way!" Tenko exclaimed. "There's no way I'm leaving such an adorable, innocent flower like Himiko alone with a bratty, degenerate liar like you!" Himiko felt conflicted. Part of her was a bit irritated with Tenko for not wanting to leave her alone with Kokichi. However, another part of her wanted Tenko to stay, thinking it would lessen her nervousness around Kokichi. In the end, she decided that she'd be alone with Kokichi, even though the thought of her made her gut wrench from excitement and anxiety. After all, this wasn't Tenko's problem to begin with, so she thought it best if Tenko wasn't involved.