Love Potion Commotion (8)

"So, the potion has definitely worn off by now, right?" Kokichi asked the next afternoon after school. He and Himiko were hiding behind a couple of bushes outside for Ryoma and Ibuki.

   "Yup, it should have," Himiko nodded. "I haven't seen Ryoma and Ibuki all day, and I don't know if they share any classes with each other."

   "I saw Ibuki at lunch, but she wasn't sitting with Ryoma," Kokichi said. Himiko felt her heart sink. 

   "Please tell me that's a lie," she mumbled. 

   "Sorry, Monkey Buns...it's not a lie," Kokichi replied with an apologetic shrug. 

   "I guess it wasn't meant to be," Himiko sighed sadly. 

   "Uh-oh! Looks like you spoke too soon, HimiCocoa Bean," Kokichi whispered, pointing towards the entrance of the school. Ibuki and Ryoma were walking side by side, chatting with each other. Kokichi and Himiko exchanged excited grins. They sat in silence, listening in on Ryoma and Ibuki's conversation.

   "Sorry I wasn't around during lunch, Ibuki," Ryoma apologized. "I had to make up a test that I had missed a few days prior."

   "Oh, so that's where you were!" Ibuki said. "Ibuki thought something might have happened to you!" 

   "Sorry to make you worry like that," Ryoma said. 

   "No, no! It's okay! Ibuki's just a big ol' ball o' happy that you're okay!" Ibuki replied cheerfully. Ryoma chuckled. 

   "Ready to go to the movies?" he asked. 

   "Yup, yup, yuuuup!!" Ibuki cheered. Ryoma walked away with Ibuki skipping happily by his side. 

   "Huh...wow!" Kokichi marveled. "Ryoma's falling hard for Ibuki. Maybe they are the perfect match, after all!"

   "Yaaay! Now Ryoma won't be so sad, anymore!" Himiko exclaimed. 

   "Nee-heehee...and you thought Celeste would be good for him," Kokichi teased. 

   "Nyeh...Kokichi, remember that dentist appointment you had last week?" Himiko asked. Kokichi gave her a strange smile and raised his brow.

   "Uh...yeah, why?" he asked. Himiko shook her fist in his face.

   "You're about to make another trip to the dentist's office very soon," she answered playfully. Kokichi tossed his head back and laughed.

   "Hahahahahahaaa...okay, okay, ya got me!" he said. "Come on, let's go follow them." Kokichi and Himiko slinked silently after Ryoma and Ibuki to the movie theater in the city. After paying for their snacks, Kokichi and Himiko followed Ryoma and Ibuki into the room where the movie, "The Maid Who Bashed My Head In, Drowned Me, and Fed Me to Piranhas," was showing. They quietly sat a few seats behind Ryoma and Ibuki.