Hiyoko's Infatuation Complication (4)

Hiyoko burst through her bedroom door in elation that afternoon. She hummed blissfully as she pranced around her room. 

   "La-la-la-la-laaaaa!" she sang. She giggled as she took her library book out and clutched it against her chest. "Soon, I'll have that liar to myself to love and cherish me, and-"

   "Hiyoko?" Mahiru asked as she stood in the doorway.

   "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Hiyoko screeched. She stuffed her book under her bed. "Oh! Um...ahem...Mahiru! What are you doing here?"

   "We...share the same room," Mahiru replied. "Just what the heck were you doing just now? And what was that book?"

   "Nothing! It was nothing!" Hiyoko answered, shaking her head vigorously. 

   "Whatever it is, you can tell me," Mahiru said.

   "There's nothing to tell!" Hiyoko exclaimed. Mahiru smiled at her.

   "Is it about someone you like?" she asked. Hiyoko's cheeks turned red. "I knew it!" Mahiru exclaimed. "You can tell me who it is, Hiyoko."

   "I can't! N-Not right now!" Hiyoko stammered. "Besides, Himiko's coming over to do an art project with me soon! Hahaha!" 

   "Himiko? Hm, as glad as I am to hear that you want to get along with her...I find it a bit weird that you'd want to do that in the first place," Mahiru said thoughtfully. 

   "Well...I realized that I need a better attitude," Hiyoko replied. At that moment, the doorbell echoed throughout 7th Island House. "Well, that's Himiko!" Hiyoko started hurriedly shoving Mahiru out the door and down the stairs. "Don't you have somewhere to be, Mahiru, like, the yearbook club, or something?"

   "Well, actually, I was planning on doing my homework here at-" Mahiru began.

   "No, no! You should do it at the library! Better atmosphere! Not to mention, it's more quiet, and you'll be able to get your homework done a lot faster!" 

   "Well...I suppose you're right," Mahiru mumbled.

   "Great! Now go!" Hiyoko said, shoving Mahiru out the back door.

   "Why do I have to leave through the back do-" Mahiru began, but was interrupted by Hiyoko slamming the door in Mahiru's face. Hiyoko then raced to the front door and threw it open. 

  "WAAHH!!" Hiyoko shrieked. Both Himiko and Kokichi were standing in the doorway. They were both holding some green art supplies. Hiyoko thrust her finger at Kokichi. "W-What's he doing here?! He wasn't invited!!"

   "Nee-heehee...I was bored, and I was going to be extra bored at home without my Supreme Lady, so I decided to join you two!" Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin.