The Ultimate Supreme Lady (2)

The next day, Kokichi was showing Himiko his phone as they walked through the entrance of Hope's Peak Academy. On the screen was an article with a picture of the Wally Winka's Candy Emporium. 

   "Nee-heehee...check it out, Himiko!" Kokichi whispered. "Our heist made headlines...again!" Himiko read the article herself. 

   "Wow!" Himiko marveled. "It's weird knowing you guys are in the news!" 

   "Haha, right?!" Kokichi laughed. Himiko smiled sadly and wistfully to herself. 

   "The only reason why you guys were able to get away with it is because you're their leader," she said quietly. Kokichi looked at her.

   "Well...I mean, maybe," he replied with a shrug. "All it took was some planning, and-"

  "But you didn't plan anything," Himiko interrupted, stopping dead in her tracks to look at Kokichi. "It happened spontaneously and you were still able to pull off the heist without being found out. That's what makes you a great leader." A small blush formed on Kokichi's face. Usually, Himiko was always gushing with excitement about how cool Kokichi was, but he had never heard her sound so sincere and serious, like now, when complimenting him. For the first time, he didn't have any witty or cheeky remark to say to her. He scratched his head bashfully. 

   "Just, um...doin' my job, I guess," he mumbled modestly. He watched in silence as Himiko sighed deeply and turned to walk away. Confused, he quickened his pace to catch up to her. "Himiko, are you okay?" he asked, tugging on her sleeve. 

   "Nyeh? Oh, I'm fine," Himiko mumbled. Kokichi raised his brow at her and stopped her.

   "Himiko, if you're going to lie, at least put more effort into it," he said, crossing his arms. "Otherwise, you might as well just tell me what's actually wrong." Himiko hung her head.

   "Have you ever felt...useless, or powerless, or...unimportant?" she asked in a small voice. Kokichi began rubbing his arm amid the awkward silence. 

   "Ah, well...no, not really," he replied. Himiko barely nodded in response, but remained silent and forlorn. "Himiko, does this have anything to do with last night?" Kokichi continued. "Because you didn't go with us on the heist?"

   "Well...no," Himiko muttered. "It's just that-"

   "'Scuse me, you two!" interrupted the cheerful voice of Ibuki. Kokichi and Himiko looked up in surprise to see her and Hina standing side by side, while holding a large rolled-up piece of paper. 

  "Sorry to interrupt, guys, but we need that wall you're standing in front of!" Hina said with a friendly smile.

   "Oops! Sorry!" Kokichi said with a cheeky grin. He took Himiko's hand in his and pulled her away. They watched as Hina and Ibuki unraveled the large paper to tape it to the wall . The words "Run For Class President!" were written in enormous, fancy, colorful letters. Himiko brightened as a sudden idea popped into her head.