Love Potion Commotion (4)

The next day during breakfast at Hope's Peak, Kokichi and Himiko sat at a table, scanning the cafeteria for Celeste. 

   "There she is, Monkey Buns!" Kokichi whispered, pointing to Celeste across the cafeteria. 

   "Okay, there she is, but where's Ryoma?" Himiko asked. 

   "Well, I'm sure he'll show up, so long as we keep our eye on Celeste," Kokichi pointed out. 

   "Good point," Himiko replied. "The love potion will guide him to Celeste, after all."

   "Guide him?" Kokichi asked. "What do you mean?"

   "Nyeh...the love potion doesn't exactly make you fall in love with a person completely," Himiko explained. "It's more of a guide to lead someone to a possible match. Even though Ryoma's under the influence of the potion, he's not exactly 'brainwashed,' he'll just feel a strong desire to be around the person of interest without knowing why."

   "So, how will we know if it works?" Kokichi asked. 

  "The potion's effects wear off after a day, or so," Himiko replied. "If Ryoma doesn't feel a desire to be with Celeste after the effects wear off, it's not really true love. But...if Ryoma does feel the desire to be with Celeste even when he's not under the potion's influence anymore, that means the potion worked, and Ryoma found his soulmate!"

   "I see," Kokichi replied with a smirk. "So, that's how mages find their matches, huh?"

  "Nyeh...it works like a charm! " Himiko joked. Kokichi chuckled and shook his head. 

  "Hey, you didn't use that potion on me, did you?" he asked. 

  "No, I just got lucky," Himiko answered. "Plus, before you and I started dating, I never used my magic on regular people." Kokichi smiled skeptically at her.

   "I don't believe yoouuu..." he teased. 

   "Well, then you're a meanie poopy head," Himiko replied. 

   "Oh, I'm a meanie poopy head?" Kokichi murmured flirtatiously, pressing his forehead against Himiko's. 

   "Yes, you are a meanie poopy head," Himiko cooed, batting her eyelashes at him. Kokichi chuckled and gave Himiko a few kisses. As Kokichi kissed her, Himiko noticed Ryoma walk by. 

  "Kokichi!" she gasped. Kokichi turned to see Ryoma. 

  "Niiice! I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next!" he exclaimed. Ryoma felt strange, as if an invisible string was tugging him along somewhere. He didn't know why, but he had a strong desire to be with...

   "Nyeh...he's walking towards Celeste's table!" Himiko whispered excitedly.