Shuichi Saihara, Where Are Ya? (11)

Kokichi knocked on the door to the lighthouse. Daphne opened it and allowed them inside. The smell of pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage, and blueberry muffins wafted through the air. 

   "Ooo, breakfast! Can we eat?" Kokichi asked as he and Himiko joined the others in the dining room. 

   "Only if you stay on your best behavior," Velma replied. "That's what Bessie said if you two decided to come back inside, anyways." Himiko's stomach grumbled. She looked at Kokichi, her eyes imploring him not to cause anymore trouble. Kokichi smiled and shrugged in defeat. 

  "Okie-tay, I'll behave," he finally said. "Only for my supreme lady."

   "Your supreme lady?" Shaggy asked. "Like, who's that?"

   "Himiko, of course," Kokichi said, grabbing a plate and filling it up. He handed that plate to Himiko and grabbed another plate to fill up his own. He poured two glasses of orange juice for him and Himiko. 

   "Aww, that's actually really cute!" Daphne gushed. 

   "Thanks!" Kokichi said, as he sat down next to Himiko. "Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you look in the morning, Daphne?" Kokichi reached across the table to kiss the back of Daphne's hand. 

   "Jeepers!" Daphne exclaimed, turning pink. Fred's cheeks, however, turned red and he smacked Kokichi's hand away.

   "Cut that out!" he demanded. Kokichi tilted his head and gave Fred a seemingly innocent smile.

   "What's wrong, Fred? I was only complimenting Daphne," he said, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Why do you care so much?"

   "I-I don't! It's just that...you already have a girlfriend!" Fred said, gesturing over to Himiko, who was too busy munching on her breakfast to pay attention to what had just happened. When she felt everyone's eyes on her, she stopped eating and looked up.

   "Nyeh...what's wrong?" she asked.

   "You didn't see?!" Fred asked incredulously. "Kokichi was just flirting with Daphne!" Himiko turned to Kokichi and gave him a small smack on the arm.

   "Stop it," she scolded him. "I want to eat!" She shot him a pointed look, knowing full well that he was only "flirting" with Daphne to make Fred mad, which would only cause Kokichi and Himiko to be kicked out again and miss breakfast. 

   "Okay...I'm sowwy," Kokichi murmured apologetically, leaning his forehead against Himiko's. "By the way, where is Bessie and Barty? And Ivana?"

   "They're upstairs," Shaggy answered, shoving a muffin into his mouth. "Ivana's probably trying to convince Barty and Bessie to sell the lighthouse."

   "You know, something bugs me about Ivana," Velma said thoughtfully. "Why is she so intent on selling this lighthouse?" Himiko looked to Kokichi, silently asking if they should tell Mystery Inc. their weird encounter with the realtor, and the discovery of the manhole. Kokichi shook his head, to Himiko's surprise, but she decided to stay quiet and finish her breakfast.