Grocery Shopping With Kokichi (End)

Kokichi and Himiko were walking side by side to the grocery store. Himiko could feel her palms getting sweaty, and she tried to steady her breath. Her heart kept beating faster and faster. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. 

    C-Calm down, Himiko, she thought to herself. You're only walking to the store with...with...aaa...the supreme leader of your soul, mastermind of your dreams, puppeteer of your heartstrings! The Romeo to your Juliet. No! Not even Juliet could feel the same burning passion for Romeo that you feel for...Kokichi! Nyeeeh...Kokichi, how am I the one with magic, yet you have me under your spell? How do you keep me from uttering my deepest, darkest secret I dare not tell? Oh, Kokichi, I love you! Your flirty ways! Your playful grin! Your calculating mind with which you use to take us all for a mental spin. That mysterious twinkle in the eyes that wander the depths of my tormented heart! How they pierce my soul as if knowing how much I long to kiss the lips that forever haunt my dreams. How I long to tell you, dictator of my twisted soul, how I truly feel. How I wish to partake with you in your mischievous schemes. Ohhh...if only...if only! Nyeh...jeez, when did I become so sappy?!

   "Himiko!!" Kokichi yelled, snapping Himiko out of her lovesick thoughts. She felt his hand wrap around hers, and blinked in surprise at her surroundings. They had stopped at a busy intersection, and she would have strolled right into traffic! 

   "NYEH!!!" she exclaimed in surprise. She then looked down at Kokichi's hand holding hers, and tried desperately to keep herself from blushing. "Hey! Let go!"

   "Nuh-uh! I think I should hold onto your hand, in case you decide to waltz right into the street again!" Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin. As much as Himiko wanted to hold his hand, she didn't want to risk Kokichi finding out about her secret. If she allowed him to keep holding her hand, she would have given herself away.

    "Nyeh...I can handle things myself!" Himiko growled, yanking her hand away. Kokichi's lip quivered, and his eyes became wet and shiny.

   "I-I was only t-trying to help..." he whimpered. He then began to sob into his hands. "I KNEW YOU HATED MEEEEEE!!!" Himiko felt bad. She didn't want to hurt his feelings. That was the last thing she wanted.

   "Well, okay...I'll let you hold my hand," she said. "J-Just don't make things weird."

   "Okie-dokie!" Kokichi replied with a sudden cheerful smile. Himiko stared at him in surprise. How was he always so happy after crying like that? He took Himiko's hand in his. "Don't worry! You can toootally trust me! I won't make things weird for you!"

  "Um...if you say so," Himiko mumbled. Kokichi grinned at her, and the two crossed the street while the cars waited for them to cross. Himiko lowered her head so that the brim of her hat was covering her reddening face. Either Kokichi's hand was warm, or Himiko's hand was really hot from the heat surging through her entire body. She just hoped her hand wasn't sweating, or Kokichi would have been grossed out. Her heart pounded in her chest, and her breathing became heavy. She wished Kokichi would scoop her up into his arms and carry her to the store. No! Not even the store. She wanted to be carried away somewhere romantic where Kokichi would just stare deeply into her eyes, and confess to her the same true feelings she felt for him before pulling her into a long, deep, passionate ki-