The Bad Boy (6)

Once inside, a waitress led them to a table. Kokichi pulled out a chair for Himiko. She smiled appreciatively at him and sat down. Kenzo merely sat down without holding a chair out for Tomiko. Tomiko smiled awkwardly and sat down in her seat. Himiko shook her head disapprovingly at Kenzo, who merely shrugged at her, wondering what he did wrong. The waitress handed each of them a menu and asked what they'd like to drink. 

    "Yeah, I'd like a Coke," Kenzo said immediately without letting Tomiko go first. The waitress nodded and looked over to Kokichi.

   "Uh...you order next, Tomiko," Kokichi said, nodding to her. 

   "Lemonade, please," Tomiko said. 

    "What, seriously?" Kenzo said. "Lemonade's for kids, man."

   And Coke is any better?! Himiko thought furiously to herself. She was so close to reaching across the table and lunging for Kenzo's throat. 

   "Oh, well, okay, then, I'll have a Coke, too, please," Tomiko said to the waitress. Himiko felt like bursting out of her seat and screaming at the top of her lungs. Kokichi firmly placed his hands on hers. 

   "Go ahead, Himiko," he said to her. 

   "I'll have...a...lemonade myself...thank you very much..." Himiko said through gritted teeth as she glared daggers at Kenzo. He only kept smirking at her. 

   "Oh, well. You're just gonna get a stomachache," he said, shrugging nonchalantly. "That's why I know what's best for my little Tomiko." He booped Tomiko's nose. She blushed and giggled. 

   "Aw, thanks, sweetie," she said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

   SWEETIE?!?! Himiko screamed in her head. AND SINCE WHEN DOES COKE HELP YOU WITH A STOMACHACHE?!?! It was now Kokichi's turn to order.

    "I'll have a grape Panta," Kokichi said. The waitress jotted down his order and dashed away. Kokichi turned to Kenzo and Tomiko. "Sooo...how long have you two been dating?"

   "Hmm...I dunno, like, two weeks, or somethin,'" Kenzo replied with a shrug. Himiko rolled her eyes and eyed him with disgust and hatred.

    "Um, yeah, it's actually been three weeks," Tomiko said, nodding to Kokichi. 

    "Close enough," Kenzo said.

   "I see," Kokichi said. "So, how'd you crazy kids meet?"

   "Pfft...what up with the interrogation, man?" Kenzo asked. "You a cop, or somethin?'"

   "Ah, you know how it is," Kokichi said with a sly grin. "Cool guy like you is pretty irresistible, charming, has all the girls falling for you. And Tomiko, she's a tough cookie to break. I just wanna know how you managed to steal her heart. Maybe I could learn a few tips." Himiko felt disgusted to hear someone compliment a guy like Kenzo, but she knew Kokichi was doing it for a reason. And it seemed to work because Kenzo began to smile proudly.