Kokichi and Himiko's Great Penguin Rescue (9)

Kokichi, Himiko, and the others crossed the runway. Himiko could see a small plane at the far end of the runway with the D.I.C.E. logo on the side. Adjacent to the runway was a small house next to a control tower. Standing outside the small house was a young boy, who looked a tad bit older than Eighteen.

   "Good mooorning, Nineteen!" Kokichi said, greeting the young pilot. 

   "Good morning, boss!" Nineteen replied with a salute. He opened the door for Kokichi and the others to enter. "The plane is ready, but would you like some breakfast before your departure?" Kokichi turned to the others.

   "You guys hungry?" he asked. 

   "Yeah! I haven't eaten since yesterday before we rescued Bruce Hornsby!" Four replied. 

    "Bruce Hornsby? Who's he? I thought you were rescuing a penguin," Nineteen said, tilting his head in confusion. 

   "That's what I decided to name him," Four said. "But, Supreme Lady said his name is Pinkwin." Nineteen turned to Himiko with a smile.

   "Ah, Supreme Lady Himiko!" he exclaimed, holding his hand out for Himiko to shake it. "Nice to finally meet you!"

   "Nyeh...you know about me?!" Himiko asked incredulously. 

   "Haha, yeah, the boss made it a pretty big deal, so everyone in D.I.C.E. knows about you! It's not often our organization gets a supreme lady!" Nineteen said. "In fact, you're the first one in D.I.C.E.'s history! Er...unofficially, but, still!"

    "I am?!" Himiko exclaimed, shooting a look of amazement at Kokichi, who grinned proudly at her.

   "Nee-heehee...look at you making history, Monkey Buns!" he said, stroking Himiko's cheek.

   "Wow..." Himiko breathed in disbelief. She suddenly felt overwhelmed. She was learning a bunch of new things in a matter of hours, and now she learned that she was D.I.C.E.'s first supreme lady! Despite her feelings, however, she wanted to make a good impression as the first supreme lady. She didn't know how she'd do it, but now she really wanted to try. Kokichi smiled at her and wrapped his arm around her waist. 

   "What'cha got for us, Nineteen?" he asked. 

 "Follow me!" Nineteen said, gesturing for the others to follow him into the dining hall, where a few other D.I.C.E. members were sitting and eating breakfast. As soon as they saw Kokichi, they stood up and saluted him. Kokichi saluted in return. The other D.I.C.E. members sat back down to continue eating. Kokichi and his group sat down, as well. "I'll be right back out with some breakfast," Nineteen promised before disappearing into the kitchen. Himiko stared at the D.I.C.E. members eating. Kokichi smiled at her. 

   "Welcome to Sector Alpha 6, HimiCocoa Bean!" he said. 

   "Nyeh? Sector Alpha 6?" she asked. 

   "Yup! Each country containing D.I.C.E. members is called a 'sector,' and has a designated military alphabet name," Kokichi explained. "For instance, Japan is codenamed 'Sector Alpha.' Japan has seven different subdivisions of D.I.C.E. within the country, so, to make things easier, we add the number in the name. The headquarters that I'm in charge of back home, Himiko, is called 'Sector Alpha 1, but with the added initials, 'S.L.,' since that's where Supreme Leader...me...lives. And where we are right now is Sector Alpha 6. The other Japanese sectors are located in Sapporo, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Osaka, and Okinawa."

   "Nyeh...that's so cool!" Himiko exclaimed. "I feel like...we're in a spy movie, or something!"

  "Only it's way better than a spy movie," Six said. "It's real life!"

   "You know what else is better in real life? Breakfast!" Nineteen asked, walking into the dining hall with a plate stacked with pancakes. He filled everyone's plates with pancakes. Nineteen then turned to Pinkwin with a small, tin tray. "And for the little guy..." he opened up the tray and placed it in front of Pinkwin. Pinkwin clapped happily at the sardine breakfast in front of him, and began gobbling it up.

   "Thank you," Himiko said, smiling appreciatively at Nineteen. Nineteen bowed to her.

   "You're very welcome, Supreme Lady," he replied. Himiko smiled bashfully. Everyone finished their pancakes quickly. Kokichi stood up. 

   "Sorry to to cut our visit short, Nineteen, but it's time for us to go," he said. 

   "Aw, maaan," Four pouted as he fiddled with a model plane on the living room shelf. "Can't we stay a little longer, Kokichi?"

   "Yeah, I've never been to Sector Alpha 6," Ten said, looking around at the aviary decorations. "This place is pretty cool!"

   "Sorry, guys, but we have a long journey ahead of us," Kokichi said. "The faster we get to Australia, the faster we can get to Antarctica to complete our mission."

   "Affirmative, boss!" Nineteen replied. "Follow me out to the plane, everyone!" They followed Nineteen outside. The sun was beginning to rise. Nineteen grabbed a rolling set of stairs and pushed it across the runway to the plane.

   "What's the time, Nineteen?" Kokichi asked. 

   "6:13 a.m.," Nineteen replied. 

   "And what time will we arrive in Adelaide?" Kokichi asked. 

   "We should be there around 2:30 p.m.," Nineteen responded. He set the steps next to the plane for them to embark. Everyone climbed up the stairs into the plane with Nineteen right behind them. Nineteen sat in the cockpit, preparing the plane for takeoff. Soon, the plane began making its way across the runway, and paused for further instruction from the control tower. When everything was clear, Nineteen piloted the plane further down the runway, gaining speed until it took off into the morning sky.