Double Date(4)

"So, Kaito and Maki Roni-and-Cheese, have you two gone out anywhere, lately?" Kokichi asked, trying to make conversation. 

  "Ugh...stop it with the nicknames, already," Maki scoffed. "And, no, we haven't gone out recently."

   "Whaaat? Kaito! You haven't taken this poor girl out on a date?!" Kokichi scolded. "What's wrong with you?! Are you ashamed of her, or something?!"

   "N-No!" Kaito stammered. "Sh-She just never asked, so I never took her out!"

   "I don't need to ask you to take me out on a date," Maki huffed, viciously cutting her steak. "It would be nice if you could just do it out of the kindness of your heart for once." Kaito rubbed his neck uncomfortably the more he watched Maki ferociously stabbing and cutting her steak. 

  "Um...er...okay..." he sighed. "You're right, Maki Roll. Sorry about that," he apologized. "Hey! Maybe next week we can go out to the movies!" Maki softened a little.

   "I guess that sounds nice," she admitted quietly. "Okay, then. I'll go."

   "Alright! That's my Maki Roll!" Kaito said. He grinned triumphantly at Kokichi, who, in return, gave him a sly grin. 

   "Awww, look at that," Kokichi said. "You two are getting along so well!"

  "Well, of course! We are the best couple here, right, Maki Roll?" Kaito said. 

   "Why does that even matter?" Maki asked, raising her brow quizzically. "We're just here to eat and ignore Kokichi. Why does it matter who the best couple is?"

  "Yeah, and you guys can't be the best couple, anyways," Kokichi said. "In order to be the best couple, you have to know a lot about each other."

   "What are you talking about? I know a lot about Maki Roll!" Kaito said with a frown. 

   "Oh? What are some things that Maki likes, then?" Kokichi asked with smug grin. 

   "Uh...grghh...um...tch...man, y'know..." Kaito stuttered, slowly turning red with embarrassment. He turned his head slightly towards Maki, avoiding eye contact as if he were afraid of choosing the wrong answer. "She likes...b-breathing...and...knives..."

   "It's fine, Kaito, you don't have to answer that," Maki interrupted. She then turned to Kokichi. "Stop it, Kokichi! I know what you're doing!"

   "Whaaat? I'm not doing anything!" Kokichi said. "I'm just trying to have a decent conversation!" Maki rolled her eyes at him before turning to Himiko.

   "Himiko, done any magic shows, lately?" she asked her, dying to change the subject.

   "Nyeh...Kokichi and I did one last week...at a wedding," Himiko replied.

   "A magic show at a wedding?! Hey, that's pretty cool! How'd it go?" Kaito asked eagerly.