Hiyoko's Infatuation Complication (2)

Hours flew by, and before Hiyoko knew it, it was lunchtime. She sat in silence at one of the tables, looking across the cafeteria at Kokichi and Himiko. She could see Kokichi wrapping his arm around Himiko's waist, and giving her kisses while Himiko blushed and giggled. Hiyoko felt her fists clenching. She narrowed her eyes at Himiko, that rotten, little, giggly, fish-lipped buffoon! 

  "Hiyoko?" a faint voice called out, but Hiyoko was too busy death glaring at Himiko to notice. "Hiyoko!" the voice said a little louder. Hiyoko snapped to attention to see Mahiru staring at her with concern. 

   "M-Mahiru!" Hiyoko exclaimed. 

   "Are you okay?" Mahiru asked. "You look like you were constipated. Oh, no! Are you having..." She paused to lower her voice. "...bowel issues, again?"

  "N-No! I was just...lost in thought!" Hiyoko replied defensively. "I'm fine, Mahiru! Stop worrying about me so much!"

   "Oh...okay," Mahiru mumbled, surprised at Hiyoko's behavior. Mahiru sat down next to Hiyoko. "Hiyoko, did you hear about the thing in the girls' bathroom?" Hiyoko turned her head immediately to Mahiru.

   "No! What are you talking about?!" she demanded. She hoped it wasn't about the thing she had written on the mirror.

  "Someone wrote Kokichi's name on the bathroom mirror," Mahiru answered. "I'm surprised you didn't hear about it. Ever since Ibuki discovered it, it's all everyone's been talking about."

  "Pfff...seriously?!" Hiyoko scoffed. "People must have no lives if that's the only thing they're talking about!"

   "But...the thing is, nobody knows why Kokichi's name was written on it," Mahiru said. 

   "Who cares?" Hiyoko asked, shrugging her shoulders. Mahiru gave Hiyoko a strange smile. 

   "Hiyoko, you're not the tiniest bit of curious to know who wrote his name and why?" she asked.

   "Of course not! Unlike everyone else here, I have a life," Hiyoko replied. She looked over to Kokichi and Himiko. "...Do you think they know?" Mahiru looked in Hiyoko's direction.

   "Who? Kokichi and Himiko? Of course they know," Mahiru replied. "Ibuki told them first before blabbing it to everyone else."

  "Well, they don't look too shaken up about it, so why should everyone else be?" Hiyoko asked. 

  "I don't believe it, but there are rumors going around that someone wants to get Himiko out of the way and get Kokichi all to the self of whoever wrote his name on the mirror," Mahiru said. 

   "That's stupid! Who in their right mind would want a lying, mop-haired, grimy shitface like Kokichi?" Hiyoko scoffed. 

   "Well, I guess Himiko would. They are dating, after all," Mahiru pointed out.