Kiki Ouma (7)

After dinner, the Oumas arrived back home. Mrs. Ouma had fainted from having almost put a cheeseburger into her mouth. Mr. Ouma gently laid her down on the couch and turned to Kokichi. 

    "Why not spend the night here?" he asked. Kokichi's face lit up.

    "Seriously?!" he exclaimed.

   "Of course," Mr. Ouma replied with a kind smile. "You can choose any room you want." Kokichi and Kiki looked at each other excitedly. 

   "AWESOME!!" they shouted. Kiki grabbed Kokichi's hand. 

   "C'mon! I'll show you to the rooms!" She led him up the stairs up to the second floor, where a long corridor of rooms were located. She stopped in front of a door that had flowers and hearts on it. "This is my room," Kiki said, and pointed to a door next to her room. "You can have that room, since it's next to mine!" Kokichi went inside his new bedroom to check it out. His jaw dropped in delight as he looked at the enormous room around him. Beneath his feet was a lush, onyx black carpet. The walls were painted a royal purple. Right in front of him was a king-sized canopy bed with black curtains. On one side of the bed was a large window next to it. On the other side of the bed was a lamp sitting on top of a neatly polished nightstand. Otherwise, the room was empty due to lack of occupants, until now. 

   "Hahahahaaa...this is so rad!" Kokichi exclaimed gleefully. He ran as fast as he could towards the bed and jumped onto it. The mattress was the softest he'd ever felt. He flailed his arms and legs, laughing with elation. Hugging a pillow close to him, he sighed contentedly. Kiki went up to him, giggling. 

   "Tee-heehee...are you having fun?" she asked. 

   "Yeah, because I...HEY!!!" Kokichi sat up and stared at Kiki in wonder. "That laugh! Do it again!"

   "Hm? Oh, I said...'tee-heehee?'" Kiki repeated with a puzzled expression. "I-Is that weird? I guess I do have a weird laugh. I can't help it, though. It's just...how I laugh." Kokichi excitedly stood up from the bed. 

   "No! No, it's not weird at all!" he said. "I have a similar laugh! I say 'nee-heehee!'" Kiki looked at him as if he were her hero. 

    "So, I'm not the only one!" she said, bouncing happily. "My classmates at school think I'm weird for laughing like that. They say I sound...'juvenile.'" 

   "Well...you are a kid, so of course you'd sound juvenile," Kokichi pointed out.

    "Exactly!" Kiki sighed. "Finally, someone gets it! That's what I try to tell the others but they insist on acting more like 30-year-olds than 7-year-olds." 

   "You go to school with rich snobs, huh?" Kokichi asked.

   "Yeah. It's the worst!" Kiki replied. "Everyone is just so...so..."

   "Boooriiiing!" Kokichi and Kiki said in unison. They smiled and pointed at each other. "Jinx!" They laughed happily and hugged each other. Mr. Ouma poked his head into the doorway.