The Bad Boy (5)

The next day, Tomiko told Kokichi and Himiko that Kenzo would meet them at Spicy Meat-a-Ball, an Italian restaurant. Afterwards, Tomiko spent some time trying to figure out what to wear. Remembering what Kokichi told her about being herself, she really liked her country girl style, and wanted to wear a pink floral dress with her denim jacket and her cowgirl boots. But, she also wanted to impress Kenzo. So, she decided to wear a red tank top underneath a black sweater, some jeans, and a pair of black boots. She replaced her usual pink scrunchie and tied her hair up in a high ponytail with a black one. She looked in the mirror, mostly satisfied with what she saw. She sighed in frustration, wishing she could wear makeup. Suddenly, she was struck with an idea. She went over to Angie and Tsumugi's room and knocked on their door. Angie answered.

   "Why, hello! Hello!" she chirped. "You are here to see Himiko? She is not here!"

   "No, no, I just wanted to ask you for a favor," Tomiko answered quickly.

    "Oh? What is it?" Angie asked.

    "You're the Ultimate Artist, right?" Tomiko asked.

    "A-yup!"

   "I was wondering if you could do my makeup?" Tomiko asked. "You should be good at that, since you're an artist, right?"

    "Oooo, I've never thought of it that way," Angie admitted. "But, I do not wear makeup. Atua says natural beauty is far more pleasant to look at than fake beauty!" Tomiko sighed in annoyance.

   "Well, do you know someone around here who does wear makeup?" she huffed. 

    "Of course! Of course! Tsumugi wears makeup when cosplaying!" Angie replied. "Please, come in!" Tomiko followed Angie inside her and Tsumugi's room. "Oh, Tsumugi! You have someone here who wants to see you!" Tsumugi looked over to Tomiko.

   "Oh, you wanted to see plain, old me, huh?" she asked. "What for?"

   "I wanted to ask if you could put makeup on me," Tomiko said. Tsumugi raised a skeptical brow.

    "Did Himiko say it was okay?" she asked. 

   "Yeah, I already asked her," Tomiko lied. 

   "Well...okay, then," Tsumugi said. "Here, sit down." Tomiko sat down in Tsumugi's desk chair. Tsumugi began applying makeup to her face. When she finished, she showed Tomiko in the mirror. "How did I do?" Tomiko gasped in astonishment.

   "I look amazing!" she breathed. 

    "I'm plainly glad to hear you say that!" Tsumugi said. Tomiko stood up and thanked Tsumugi before leaving the room.

   "Tomiko...are you ready to leave?" Himiko called up the stairs.