Kokichi Meets His Parents (1)

"Wheeew...I can't believe I'm doing this," Kokichi sighed nervously. He was in his room, preparing himself to meet his parents. He got dressed for the occasion, wearing a suit, and trying to make his hair look more presentable. Himiko was helping him get ready.

   "Nyeh...don't worry," she said, straightening his tie. "You got this, Dictator Tot." Despite his nervousness, Kokichi couldn't help but smile at Himiko's new nickname for him.

   "Haha...you finally came up with another nickname for me," he said. 

   "Well...I came up with it last night," Himiko admitted bashfully. "It just came to my mind all of a sudden. And it fits because you're the Ultimate Supreme Leader, and...well, you're adorable, like a tater tot." 

   "Can't argue with that," Kokichi chuckled with a small shrug. He would have laughed harder, but the more he thought of meeting his actual parents, the more apprehensive he became. "I'm...sorry if I'm quiet, or whatever, I'm just too..." Himiko interrupted him by putting a finger to his lips.

   "Don't worry about it, Kokichi," she said with a serious face. "Whatever happens, just know that I'm behind you all the way. If you need me, I'm there for you, okay?" Kokichi nodded and smiled appreciatively at her. Himiko smiled back and took his hands in hers. "Now, breathe in..." Kokichi chuckled and closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. "And breathe out." Kokichi slowly released the air from his lungs. He took a few more deep breaths, letting his anxiety wash away. "Nyeh...feel better?"

   "Yeah, I do, actually," Kokichi replied. "Thanks, Himiko." 

   "Anytime, Panta Bear," Himiko replied, removing a strand of hair from Kokichi's face. Kokichi leaned forward to give her a kiss. 

    "Looks like you're the one helping me out this time, huh, Monkey Buns?" he asked, stroking her cheek. Himiko shrugged modestly. 

   "Nyeeeeh...just doin' my Supreme Lady thing," she replied. "Even the Supreme Leader needs encouragement from his Supreme Ladies from time to time."

   "That's true," Kokichi replied with an affectionate smile. "Well...I guess I'd better get to it, then." Himiko gently placed her hand on his arm.

   "Are you absolutely sure about this, Kokichi?" she asked, looking him in the eye. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to." Kokichi thought to himself for a while. Himiko did have a point. He could simply choose not to meet his parents. But if he didn't, he'd be wondering for the rest of his life what they'd be like. And he didn't want to wonder forever when he had the opportunity to meet them, like right now. 

   "I wanna do it," he finally answered. "If I don't, it'll drive me crazy. I want to know why they put me in that orphanage. I want to know how they feel about me now. Kiki told me they weren't very nice people, but I want to find out for myself why. I'm just...just..."

   "Scared?" Himiko asked softly. 

   "Huh, no, not even scared," Kokichi replied quietly. "I'm...terrified! But...I think this is something I have to do. I...really need to know."