The Mage, The Jester, and The Meanie Queen (4)

"Um...I don't know what to do next," Himiko Red admitted. 

    "Nee-heehee...I'll give you a hint!" Kokichi replied jovially. "This girl is actually Queen Miuleficent!" Himiko Red's eyes bugged out. 

    "Th-The queen?!" she repeated. 

    "Yup! Sooo...that being said, what do you think we should do, next?" Kokichi asked.

    "Off with her head!!" Himiko Red shouted angrily. 

    "Hmm...is that what a good mage would saaay?" Kokichi sang in a teasing voice.

   "Oh...right," Himiko Red mumbled sheepishly. "Nyeh...well, I guess since she's the queen, we should take her back to the castle, right?"

    "Now you're gettin' it!" Kokichi replied. 

   "Oh, but...shouldn't we figure out how to wake her up, first?" Himiko Red asked. Kokichi smiled respectfully at her.

   "That's very considerate of you, Himiko Red!" he replied. "But, all we know is that the queen is under a spell from the apple, so we don't know exactly how to break it. The only way to know that is if we go to her castle."

    "Actually, I have spellbooks here that might help us figure out how to break the spell!" Himiko Red exclaimed proudly. 

   "Oh?" Kokichi replied with a delighted smile. "Well, let's have a little look-see at them, shall we?" Himiko Red led Kokichi to the bookshelf full of spellbooks. Himiko Red picked one with the title, "How To Undo Curses." She flipped through the pages until she found what she was looking for.

   "Nyeh...here it is! The cure for sleeping spells," she said. 

   "What does it say?" Kokichi asked. 

    "It says that to wake one up from a sleeping spell, the victim of the spell has to receive a true love's kiss," Himiko Red explained. She slowly looked over to Kokichi. "Um..."

   "Non, non," Kokichi said, holding up his hand to her. 

  "Well...okay," Himiko Red sighed. "I guess we have to go out and find her true love, then. What a pain. How do we even know where to start?"

   "Well, seeing how we have the queen with us, we should already have a few people in mind, riiight?" Kokichi said. Himiko Red eyed him curiously. With that mysterious grin of his, he was clearly hinting at something.

   "Nyeh...do you mean that we should go to the kings of the surrounding kingdoms?" she asked. 

    "Ding ding ding! That's correct!" Kokichi replied. "You're really good at this, Himiko Red!" Himiko Red smiled bashfully at him.