What's Behind The Mask? (5)

"Talk to her?! " Kiki and Kimiko shrieked in horrified unison. 

    "Yeah, that's right," Kokichi replied. Kiki and Kimiko exchanged nervous glances, then looked at Kokichi with uncertainty.

    "Kokichi...are you having an off day?" Kiki asked. 

    "Are you feeling okay?" Kimiko added. "Do we need to take your temperature?"

    "Nee-heehee...trust me!" Kokichi said. "This is a good plan! Kuchisake-Onna seems like a reasonable woman, so why not try talking to her before you decide to fight her?"

   "And you're sure it'll work?" Kimiko asked. 

   "Mmm, I'm not 100% sure, but it wouldn't hurt to try," Kokichi replied. 

   "Yeah, remember this conversation when you're lowering our coffins into the ground at out funeral," Kiki replied sarcastically. "But...I'll trust you, Kokichi. You're my cousin, after all."

    "And you're cute, so there's no way you can be wrong," Kimiko said, batting her eyelashes at Kokichi. 

   "Ew! Stop flirting with my cousin," Kiki said, sticking her tongue out in disgust. 

   "Nyeh...I'll stop when he stops being a cutie-patootie," Kimiko replied, placing her hands on her hips. Kiki laughed as she rolled her eyes.

    "Pffft...weirdo!" she said. Kimiko pursed her lips sassily at Kiki.

   "You can call me whatever you want, I don't care. But..." She paused to gaze dreamily at Kokichi. "...Kokichi can call me anytime," she finished, making a phone gesture with her hand while putting it next to her ear. 

   "Hahaha, okay, I admit, that was pretty good," Kokichi laughed. "Buuuut...aren't you guys forgetting the very serious issue at hand?" Kiki and Kimiko's faces became serious again. 

   "Right..." Kiki muttered. 

    "Are you coming with us, Kokichi?" Kimiko asked hopefully as she tugged on his sleeve. 

    "Of course! I wouldn't wanna miss this!" Kokichi replied. Kiki and Kimiko sighed in relief. Kimiko wrapped her arms around Kokichi.

    "Nyeh...I knew we could count on you, Kokichi," she sighed happily. "You're my hero!"

   "Welp, don't thank me, yet," Kokichi advised, unravelling Kimiko's arms from his waist. "After all, we don't know if this plan will work out for sure."

    "That's right! We need a backup plan, in case this one doesn't work out," Kiki pointed out. 

   "Good idea, Kiki!" Kokichi said. "But, you know what? You guys can talk about that later. Let's go talk to Kuchisake-Onna now."